“The most amazing hotel...”

Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #20 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The most amazing hotel...”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

What an amazing hotel! I was in town for a conference and the George hotel was the best part of my trip. The staff was knowledgeable and super hospitable. If every conference u attended was in DC I would be extremely fortunate. Did I mention there is a free wine happy hour from 5 - 6 PM every night? The rooms are amazing and the location is adjacent to Union Station. Overall I had an amazing experience and I look forward to staying at the George hotel when I visit DC in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ajdop
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
It's because of the most amazing guests, ajdop! We are looking forward to having you back as well, but if your travel does take you elsewhere look for our sisters. They probably aren't quite as awesome as we are, but the whole Kimpton family celebrates that wonderful wine hour.

Cheers!

Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Korean first
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Highly recommend this hotel they were very accommodating, rooms are beautiful, and staff is excellent!! This is a must stay hotel for anyone visiting DC! Not to mention the free wine happy hour in the lobby every day from 5-6.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Tucker0610
Your excitement is palpable, Tucker! We're just as jazzed as you are that you loved your stay with us. Let us know when you plan on returning so we can bask in each others' enthusiasm!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I am generally a fan of Kimpton properties. I find them chic, interesting and usually nicely appointed - Hotel George is a fine example.

Recently rennovated that hotel is clean and crisp. Love the George theme everywhere. It's very clever.

My room was large by Washington DC standards. Bed was very comfortable - bathroom large, clean and good amenities. Good lighting and a make-up mirror. Coffee maker in the room. Staff were friendly and my early check in was as requested.

I love that Kimpton gives members of their club free wi-fi and a $10 coupon for the mini bar. It's the little things that make endless business travel better and I really appreciate both of these.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mmmmlol
Thank you, mmmmlol! (Love that name, by the way!) We're glad you enjoyed your time here and hope that means we'll have you back in the future.

Monticello ny
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a great place to stay. Not is it only a block from Union Station and close to the major attractions, the staff is just fabulous. They couldn't do enough for me.
I arrived late, about 10:30 PM and both Blair and Katherine were just as friendly and warm as they could be. They offered me a glass of wine and told me that a bottle was waiting in my room. (Although it wasn't there, it was delivered the next day.) As a Klimpton member, I reveived free internet and they were nice enough to give me a breakfast credit to the Bistro Bis where breakfast is served.
My room was quite large with a high def. television, a couch, and lots of space. The room was bright and clean.
There is a free wine tasting every day from 5 to 6 with the manager (who was extremely friendly) pouring. I was surprised by the quality of the wine. As someone who drinks wine every day, it was quite good.
I struck up several conversations with the manager as I told him how pleased I was with the hotel. He told me that they try to impower the staff to say "yes" as much as possible. They certainly do that!
I'll definately stay here on my next trip to Washinbgton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank steveboces1
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you Steveboces! We're so glad you were able to take advantage of our team full of yes. Perhaps an opportunity to use the strategy yourself: Will you visit again soon?

See you then,

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed 2 nights with a large group of friends for the Rock N Roll Marathon. We arrived early and the staff was extremely helpful securing our gear and getting us directions and transport options to the Expo. The rooms were clean, comfortable and relaxing. The location was perfect for transportation and running along the Mall. Our group already to be back here next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael A
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thanks for the five star review, Michael A! We'll look forward to hosting all of you back here at The George next year. Let us know what kind of sports drinks or energy bars you prefer and we'll stock up before the race.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have stayed several times at Hotel George, once for a week with our dog when we had moved out of our house on Capitol Hill and were moving to Budapest, and once for six weeks when we had temporarily returned home before moving to Saudi Arabia. Both experiences were outstanding, and we would never consider staying anywhere else in Washington other than our own home because Hotel George has become our second home in the city. The rooms are excellent, the staff is friendly and helpful, the location near Union Station is convenient and the attached restaurant is superb. I simply can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Even our dog loved it -- it's a long story, but she escaped from our yard when workmen were at our house and ran 15 blocks on streets she didn't know and chased by a police car straight to Hotel George (looking for me), where she walked in the front door and got on an elevator. She was found by hotel staff in front of our room, but on the wrong floor. I can't think of a higher recommendation that that!

Room Tip: We have stayed in several rooms at the hotel, and all were excellent. I believe the rooms fronting E...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you, Helen! You three--pup included, of course--are some of our favorites. We're so glad you can call The George your home away from home, especially when you travel so often to so many places.

See you soon,

So. California
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The George on an anniversary trip.T our surprise, we received a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates with a handwritten note in our room. The location is great for being close to Capitol Hill and Union Station. The hotel and rooms were decorated very tastefully with a little of George Washington everywhere!The beds were very comfortable! Large bathrooms and showers.The staff is very friendly and personable. The fire alarm went off during the night and the staff was very professional handling the situation. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed on the 7th floor and it was very quiet; no street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank captaingr
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Happy anniversary, CaptainGR! We're so glad you chose to spend it with us and that despite our midnight emergency you were able to enjoy yourselves. We hope to see you again soon.