“Amazing staff! Very close to attractions! Worth every dollar!”

Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #22 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I rarely write reviews. I dont usually feel that a place has treated me well enough for me to write a review but Hotel George I would write 50 reviews for you! It is my 8th yr anniv and i wanted to do something nice for my bf Clayton set everything up and we had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we came in after going to the museums. It was amazing! He even had early check in available for me. Thank you so much Clayton you really added that extra touch to a perfect weekend.

Its about a 20 min walk to the museums from the hotel but it's a nice walk. The front desk provided me with print out directions when I couldn't remeber how to get to the newsume.

The rooms are amazingly clean ! Very simple but they do it right.

Once we checked out the staff let us keep are bags until we had to leave later that night. Everything was perfect and I asked Michael who works at the front as well just a last min question... I wanted to know where they get their shampoo from because it is AMAZING! its a mix of rRosemary and mint! He told us not to go anywhere, iI thought he was going to get the name of the manufacturer but he ran down and brought us back small multiple s bottles of the shampoo conditioner and shower gel!

Ladies and gentlemen I now understand why you are in the top 10 hotels in Dc I'm a little shocked ur not higher. Thank you so much Clayton and Michael you guys made my trip amazing! I will never hesitate to stay with you again and will be a kimpton member for life.

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank lil0lin
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: “WOW” lil0lin. My smile is stretched from ear to ear right now thanks your wonderful comments about Clayton and Michael. I am the luckiest guy around to have such a great and kind team that do things like the ones you mentioned in your review. Your kindness and taking the time to write this review is awesome and very much appreciated. I hope to welcome you back in person when you return to the George. Thanks again for your business and enjoy your summer.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton George Hotel

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel has it all. You are welcomed by a staff that is both professional and accomadating. Very friendly people that go out of their way to welcome you and make your stay comfortable. The room was very nice and had been updated very recently. It had everything we were looking for. The hotel is located only a couple blocks from the Capital and is convenient by a short cab ride to some great restaurants--the staff provided a recommendation and we were extremely please with his suggestion. There is also a place to grab a quick breakfast or coffee on the same block. While we did not have the opportunity to eat at the Bistro Bis at the hotel we did sample the cocktails and they were wonderful. If you are looking for a place to stay in DC I would most definately recommend The George--you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: This is an 8 story hotel. We stayed on the 8th floor facing the street and our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank You Orland for that Sunny Warm great review. My team and I strive every day to be the best as we know there are over 120 choices in D.C. and we want to earn your business. Thanks again and enjoy your summer.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The George is a perfect combination of location,facility and service. The staff from the Doorman to the bellmen to the front desk staff could not be more helpful and accomadating. The location right by Union Station and close to the Capitol make it convienent to most DC attractions. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable and exactly what I would expect from a boutique hotel of this size. However the service is what truly sets the George apart. This will be our new base whenever we are in DC!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank You Robert D for the Superior review. I hope to welcome you back personally in the near future. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at Hotel George for a week so got to see it from many different angles. First off, the front door staff is awesome and very friendly, they make you feel at home from the second that you enter. The Bistro Bis is also a great little restaurant and I liked the happy hour and snacks each evening, that was a very nice touch.The major downside of this facility is its age and the rooms. I felt that everything was quite dated in the rooms and many faced the street, leading to never ending nice and making it hard to sleep.

In short, the hotel is average -- it is fine and typically a good deal looking for a family to visit DC for touring or other activities that will keep you away from the hotel for large chunks of time. It is not, however, a luxurious four star hotel (or even a strong Kimpton for that matter, as many are better). It is an average hotel that is nice for a quick stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TheDeacon87

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Ouch on the average but appreciate your time and your business. Come back soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

As usual, my stay at a Kimpton Hotel was great...this time The George right by Union Station in Washington DC which was handy for my travel plans. Such a shame it was such a rushed one-night visit that I didn't get to participate in the evening drinks social or sample the restaurant. But slept well on a super comfortable bed with my favorite type of pillows. My internet connection as a Kimpton InTouch member was free. All the staff that I came in touch with were friendly and courteous and so very helpful finding me a cab that accepted a credit card! Will look for more Kimpton Hotel opportunities and will definitely come back to The George.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda S

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Linda. Come back again when you have more time and let us know what you would like to do and we can help arrange in advance some really cool things to do in our Nation’s Capitol.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel George from May 13-17 and had a wonderful stay. The staff was extremely friendly and was willing to accommodate just about any request. When I arrived, the valet pointed me to free curbside parking, as opposed to paying the $40 valet fee. He also pointed out the parking lot that was directly across the street from the hotel that I could use as well. I really appreciated this honesty. The room, while not overly big, was clean and well appointed. The room came with the cutest robes to put on - one leopard, and one zebra print, as opposed to the traditional white. I thought that was a nice touch. The location is just at the edge of Georgetown, which provides for great shopping. There was a nightly reception which offered complimentary wine, which was great for unwinding after a long day of class. An overall great stay, and I'd definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Use the parking lot across the street as opposed to valet :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ohgyrl

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you Richmond VA for your Quality review. Appreciate your business and taking the time to share your experience. Thank you

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel George Innauguration weekend 2013 and loved it.
Service: Service was 5 star. This was a busy weekend and the hotel was likely booked to capacity, but the staff was very gracious and attentive. It couldn't been a mad house, but they ran it like a well oiled machine. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. The complimentary Kimpton happy hour is always appreciated, as is the complimentary mini-bar for In Touch Loyalty members. I also loved the free hand warmers given to all hotel guests the morning of the innauguration. They were definitely needed in the freezing cold temps as we stood outside for hours.
Location: The Hotel is located down the street from the Amtrak station making it super convenient to catch the train in and walk there. It was also a brief walk from Capitol Hill area where the innaugural ceremonies were to take place. Location couldnt have been better for the weekend.
Room: The room was clean. It had good lighting. The bathroom was large. Unfortunately the view sucked (looked out onto the side of an office building) but overall the accomodations were good.
Overall I would stay at the Hotel George again. I am a fan of the Kimpton brand and the George certainly lived up to the standard.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

General Manager, Christopher Cannon: Thank you for your business Philly. Come back soon.