“Relaxing, comfortable, just the right size hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Summit, New Jersey, United States
“Relaxing, comfortable, just the right size hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel George in D.C. is a great boutique hotel. My room was quiet and well designed. All of the staff are friendly, solicitous, professional, and go out of their way to help and welcome you. Bistro Bis "next door" is also great for drinks or any meal. I will definitely return to Hotel George next time I visit my son in D.C.

Room Tip: My room looking out on E Street was lovely, and the shades are great because you can open them from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Barbara W, we know that size does matter - so we are glad you found The George ;-) We look forward to welcoming you back for many more relaxing stays and delicious meals. Thank you very much for your business and loyalty to The George - A Kimpton Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my second trip to the Hotel George, and I again enjoyed my stay. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, my room was large, clean and well furnished, and the quirky Kimpton touches were evident. My only criticism has to do with the restaurant and room service; neither were available until 7:00 am. For business travelers with early meetings, this is not convenient.mthe room service breakfast menu was also quite limited.

One other note: The location was perfect for me, as I had a meeting at a building nearby. For others, however, it is a bit off the beaten path, though close to the train station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Mark P, we are stoked to read that you had a fun time at The George - this is the type of exceptional service that we strive for. Please visit us again soon, and we will be sure to keep the fun quirky Kimpton touches flowing. Thank you for your business.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Though the weather outside was very cold and blustery, our experience at the hotel was very warm & welcoming. All the staff we met at the Hotel were very friendly and helpful. When we were having a problem with our plane tickets Edgardo (front desk) patiently & pleasantly helped us out. The room was very clean, quiet and the size very adequate for the 3 of us (we had two queen beds) and we were pleased with the size of the bathroom.. As an InTouch member we enjoyed the free WiFi and $10 credit to the mini bar. Great location for us! - walking distance to Union Station, metro and DC sites. We also enjoyed our dining experience @ Bistro Bis (the restaurant @ the hotel) The food & service were excellent. We will definitely stay at the Hotel George again! TPAJo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General Manager, Chris Cannon: TPAJo, I was very pleased to read that you were able to experience The George's one of a kind guest service first hand. Edgardo is certainly a "Rockstar" on Team George, and we are very lucky to have him. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your awesome experience, and for Edgar's shout-out! We hope to see you again soon.
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We visited DC a few weeks ago and were pleasantly suprised by Hotel George. It is within walking distance to most DC sites (including Union Station). The front desk was 100% helpful with everything we needed (including letting us leave our bags after check out, free breath mints, and answering questions). We didn't expect to use the lounge, but it was chilly outside and we found ourselves enjoying it a few times. The room was well stocked, a comfortable temperature, and a good size. We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are visiting DC.
The oatmeal with fruit that we ordered from room service was delicous and the new standard that I will measure oatmeal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank topherbw
General Manager, Chris Cannon: topherbw, I have to agree with you on the stellar oatmeal & fruit from Bistro Bis ;-) We are very happy to read that we provided an exceptionally comfortable stay for you during your recent visit. We look forward to creating many more perfect stays for you here at The George. Thank you for your business.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently took my mom to DC for her birthday (from Florida) and we stayed at Hotel George. We had a very pleasant stay! The hotel is very nice, on trend and provided great service! The daily wine reception was a nice touch and we ended up meeting some nice people. We found it a great way to get the guests talking. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful, friendly and seemed to really enjoy working there! I want to return to DC in the Spring and bring my husband and we will stay at Hotel George!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michele N
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Michele N, thank you for choosing The George for your recent special B-Day stay! I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you and your mother. Please come visit us again and we will ensure another flawless stay. Thank you for your business.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the George over the weekend and overall it was a good experience yet not a unique one.

The location is ideal, at least to me. Less than 5 minutes walk from Union station, no taxi or metro needed.

The staff is friendly, professional and very helpful. I enjoyed being acknowledged as an InTouch member and getting the complimentary internet access and the $10 credit on the mini bar, which I did not use but was still a nice touch.

The room was surprisingly small. I go to DC often and most of the hotels I stayed in had significantly more space. It felt more like a NYC hotel room but was still comfortable. I experienced a slight problem with the TV remote control, it didn't work properly, had to put it right in front of the TV which defeats the purpose of a remote control lol. However, it wasn't much of an inconvenience.

The room was very clean, the bathroom spotless with all basic grooming products. I also loved that the bathtub had a sliding door instead of curtains.

I didn't use the gym nor did I eat at the Bistro so I can't comment on that.

I was satisfied with the experience especially for the value (I had booked the room through hotwire and got an excellent rate).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General Manager, Chris Cannon: lilia b, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay here at The George. Friendly staff and clean rooms are just a few of the things you can always count on when staying with us. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal Kimpton InTouch member, we sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Kimpton Hotels - and hope to see you again in the near future.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at Hotel George for a night and it was a really nice hotel stay. Most of all the staff was very courteous. The night manager, I believe his name was Adam was extremely helpful and courteous. As soon as I entered the hotel Adam made my stay very comfortable. One of the most courteous night time staff I have dealt with at a Hotel. Hats off to Adam and his team for making my stay very comfortable in DC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Navid W, thank you so much for the shout out in regards to Adam's exceptional guest service skills. He cannot stop smiling after reading your review :-) The George is very proud and lucky to have such a great Night Manager that keeps the magic happening evening during the late night hours. Please come again to experience some more of The George's awesome mojo that we have to offer. Thank you for your business.