Kimpton George Hotel
$217
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
2,243 results
All reviewsbistro bisunion stationcapitol hillwine hourboutique hotelthe corner bakerymini baranimal print robesyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary wineattached restaurantcapital buildingsupreme courthomeless peoplenational mallfront desk staff
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently took my mom to DC for her birthday (from Florida) and we stayed at Hotel George. We had a very pleasant stay! The hotel is very nice, on trend and provided great service! The daily wine reception was a nice touch and we ended up meeting some nice people. We found it a great way to get the guests talking. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful, friendly and seemed to really enjoy working there! I want to return to DC in the Spring and bring my husband and we will stay at Hotel George!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michele N
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

General Manager, Chris Cannon: Michele N, thank you for choosing The George for your recent special B-Day stay! I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you and your mother. Please come visit us again and we will ensure another flawless stay. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the George over the weekend and overall it was a good experience yet not a unique one.

The location is ideal, at least to me. Less than 5 minutes walk from Union station, no taxi or metro needed.

The staff is friendly, professional and very helpful. I enjoyed being acknowledged as an InTouch member and getting the complimentary internet access and the $10 credit on the mini bar, which I did not use but was still a nice touch.

The room was surprisingly small. I go to DC often and most of the hotels I stayed in had significantly more space. It felt more like a NYC hotel room but was still comfortable. I experienced a slight problem with the TV remote control, it didn't work properly, had to put it right in front of the TV which defeats the purpose of a remote control lol. However, it wasn't much of an inconvenience.

The room was very clean, the bathroom spotless with all basic grooming products. I also loved that the bathtub had a sliding door instead of curtains.

I didn't use the gym nor did I eat at the Bistro so I can't comment on that.

I was satisfied with the experience especially for the value (I had booked the room through hotwire and got an excellent rate).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

General Manager, Chris Cannon: lilia b, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay here at The George. Friendly staff and clean rooms are just a few of the things you can always count on when staying with us. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal Kimpton InTouch member, we sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Kimpton Hotels - and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at Hotel George for a night and it was a really nice hotel stay. Most of all the staff was very courteous. The night manager, I believe his name was Adam was extremely helpful and courteous. As soon as I entered the hotel Adam made my stay very comfortable. One of the most courteous night time staff I have dealt with at a Hotel. Hats off to Adam and his team for making my stay very comfortable in DC.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

General Manager, Chris Cannon: Navid W, thank you so much for the shout out in regards to Adam's exceptional guest service skills. He cannot stop smiling after reading your review :-) The George is very proud and lucky to have such a great Night Manager that keeps the magic happening evening during the late night hours. Please come again to experience some more of The George's awesome mojo that we have to offer. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I usually stay at the Hyatt when I'm near the Capitol. They were sold out and Hotel George had rooms available. Hotel George is now my number 1 choice. The rooms were big enough but the service and people really make this hotel great. They have a free wine tasting every night. The restaurant was great. The people must get paid well because they are happy and willing to do annoying to make sure you too are happy and having a great time.

Room Tip: Get an inside room so you don't hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TampaInsuranceTravel

General Manager, Chris Cannon: TampaInsuranceTravel, thank you for choosing The George as your new #1 place to stay when traveling to DC! We know you have many choices, so that means a great deal to us. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have always felt like a VIP at the Hotel George. The staff is attentive, courteous along with very helpful. The George hasn't been recently updated like a few other hotels nearby, but what may be lacking in "newness" cannot be exchanged for how you are treated. They are wonderful. The Kimpton member perks are great--free wifi and a stipend for the mini bar extras in your room...along with a few other ammenities. Clean, well lit and roomy enough. Close to Union Station if you prefer the train to cabs. Call The George for your next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

General Manager, Chris Cannon: lemonandmint, we are glad you found The George - where you will always be a VIP and receive our signature exceptional guest service. Thank you so much for your business, please come see us again soon!