“Hotel George: Dog Friendly!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Kimpton George Hotel
Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
“Hotel George: Dog Friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff of Hotel George were extremely friendly and welcoming to myself and my dogs. The hotel allows any size, any number of dogs and no deposit. Sign the contract that says you understand the rules and you're good to go. The hotel is experiencing renovations and while the hallways are a bit shabby looking the rooms are nice and clean. Two bowls and a dog bed and dog treats awaited my three dogs when I got into the room and all the staff were very accomodating to us.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Meg F, thank you for the wonderful review! Of course being a pet-friendly hotel, we looove welcoming our four-legged friends!! Please come back and visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is my new favorite place to stay while in D.C. I ended up staying here for 2 nights with my now finance, we got engaged over the weekend! Couldn't be more pleased with our visit. The staff was incredible, the room was very comfortable - and all for a great price! Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: George k, Congratulations on your engagement!! Wishing you all the very best for the future and we hope it’s filled with lots of joy, happiness and many Kimpton visits! Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to your future stay!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for work several weeks ago. The people who work here are terrific. Had a long chat with several of the people working at the desk during a wine hour, and they were charming and personable. Remembered me by name the next few days, and made me feel like I was with friends and family. Johnny's smile and greetings made it a pleasure to "come home" from work. Fabulous restaurant next door - Bistro Bis. Lovely room. Great location within walking distance of Union Station. Would stay here all the time if I could get good enough room rates!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: vh1130, thank you for the fantastic review and the shout out to Mr Johnny! We are very happy to see that we were able to provide a “come home” experience! Hope to see you again soon!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I always stay at the George when I can. I like it so much that I pay the difference between it and the price my employer will cover when I can't get a special rate. The rooms are lovely, and if you join Kimpton's in touch program, you get free internet and a $10 credit for the minibar every time you come. The rooms fronting E street are the nicest. And the hotel restaurant - Bistro Bis - has lovely, if a bit pricey, breakfasts.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Sofiastayshome, all I can say is “WOW”. Thank you for not only giving us two great reviews, but also being our 500th “Excellent” reviewer!! We are thrilled to see that we were able to provide an excellent stay for you once again. Please, feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel for your upcoming stay(s). Hope to see you again very soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My first stay at George Kimpton hotel was on September 23-28, they are the perfect fit for me. My work takes me to DC once a month where I visit primes at various locations in DC area. George hotel is located just 5 minutes away from the Union Station where I take the metro to wherever I want to go. Hotel staffs are highly professional, courteous and they do care for customers. The rooms are pretty spiffy - all have high speed internet access, courteous wireless (and they don't charge for that!) and, the beds are brand new and simply heavenly. Bathrooms are shining clean. The hotel customers are decent and hotel environment is quiet and peaceful. All in all it is a great hotel with right price.
Whenever I travel to DC, there will be one hotel I call – Kimpton.

Abdalla Mohammed, Ph.D.
President, Ademi International LLC

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Dr. Abdalla Mohammed, thank you for the perfect review! Of course, my favorite things about being a Kimpton InTouch member is the complimentary internet access!! So, when your travels bring you back to DC, give us a call! We hope to welcome you back very soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The George had a very friendly staff. They were very helpful with any questions on where to eat to how to get there. I had originally requested a room with two queen beds. When I arrived they did not have one available and gave me a king with a pull out sofa. They were able to move us to a new room the next day. The beds were really nice and comfortable with feather pillows and comforter. They also have free wine happy hour everyday which I thought was a nice touch. It's a block away from Union Station so easy to catch the redline. There weren't too many restaurants in the area though except at Union Station or to take a taxi somewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Carmie0307, thank you for the wonderful review. I am very happy to see that my staff was able to take care of you during your stay. Yes, the manager hosted wine reception is one of my favorite perks here at the Hotel George and I am glad you were able to join us! Speaking of perks, next time you come to visit, you should try our new complimentary Bike Program!
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Excellent location,helpful friendly staff. But the room, upgraded, was still very old and tired, needs a solid renovation. Handy to central station which is a great place to visit and explore.
Recommend Hop On Hop Off tours located at the station for value and great guides.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: areyathere, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing the Hotel George.