“Hotel George”

GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
“Hotel George”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I loved my visit at the Hotel George! My only regret was that I could not stay longer. The establishment was spotless; service was impeccable; and the restaurant was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura M
, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: Laura M, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our "impeccable" service, this is something we surely take great pride in. Please come visit us again, so we can provide another flawless stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Had a very enjoyable stay at The Hotel George in Washington, D.C. Thought the staff was very welcoming. Especially enjoyed the 5 o'clock complementary wine & all day lemonade/iced tea. Very attractive lobby with comfortable seating. The room was super quiet & and the beds were so comfortable. It is the best I have ever slept at a hotel before. We were surprised to see there were other guests on the same floor being that we never heard doors opening and closing or any room noise. Only downside was there weren't enough places in walking distance to have a variety of dining so we had to use our car to find restaurants for meals.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: bonnied33, I'm really happy you had an all-around pleasant stay with us. I have to agree, the complimentary beverage receptions are a hit! Thank you for your business.
Jericho, Vermont
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Good location, just blocks from Capitol Hill and Union Station. Very helpful staff. Wine reception every evening, but this is also a very kid- and dog-friendly place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Valerie B
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: Valerie B, thank you for choosing Hotel George. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Come see us again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel George for a weekend. We checked in late (1:00 am) after a night out with friends and were greeted nicely by the front desk. Our room was small but adorable and funky--in a good way! Very clean. Great location. An easy walk to Union Station, National Mall and museums. Good choice for a weekend in DC.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: KimS18, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our funky fresh rooms, and hope you return again soon!
Reviewed July 2, 2012

George really impressed us. The location is great. Near Union station. We had our breakfast there and there were many choices. We also parked our car there over night. The room was comfortable and clean. Service was friendly. The bathroom included a separate shower and bathtub, something that we appreciated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: PSF88, from the superb location to the in-room amenities we are happy to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for your business.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you want to be close to the Mall and Union Station, this Kimpton property is a gem. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. It has a great atmosphere and the property is beautiful. Although the rooms are a little small, the staff alone makes up for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: Vince C, I am very happy to hear my staff created an exceptional stay while staying here at The George. Thank you for your feedback and business, we hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A friend & I stayed at Hotel George for the past three nights and we'll definitely go back. We were greeted each time & I really enjoyed there was always something to drink when we came inside, as it was 100 degrees each day. The room was great, I really liked the glass shower, & I cannot rave enough about the pillows! I travel with my own pillow & didn't even use it while I was there. I'm ordering one online ASAP!
Awesome perks - there is a Wii downstairs, a piano, & you can even check out a bike to ride around the city! So many amenities to mention - enjoyed the wine tasting one night, the robes were nice, we signed up and received free wi-fi as well as $10 credit to the mini-bar!
I'm extremely pleased & plan to return in a few weeks when I have to visit DC again! This time, I'm going to try the restaurant inside the hotel!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms do look directly into other rooms, but most people had their blinds pulled - it re...