“Fabulous Dinner with Family”
Review of Sichuan Pavilion

Sichuan Pavilion
Ranked #607 of 3,300 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a grwt time. The foid was exceptional. The staff was attentive. We will all be back as often as possible.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

During our visit to D.C., my husband and I (as always) looked for any and all Asian restaurants. We stumbled upon Sichuan Pavilion on the internet and after looking at many site's reviews, decided to give it a try. My husband is Chinese (from Malaysia) and has a keen taste for authenticity. I've also travelled to Asia with him many times. This, without a doubt, is the most-authentic Chinese restaurant, State-side, that we've ever been to. The decor is nicer than most American-Chinese restaurants, but nothing extravagant. We visited three times in a four-day weekend. Each time, I was one of only 2 or 3 caucasian people in the always packed house. THIS, to me, was an indicator that we have found a great spot. The menu is extensive, the service is prompt, hurried, and less-than-personal (as is typical of truly Asian restaurants), and the food was AMAZING! The red chili dumplings were the best I've ever had, be it here or abroad. The Ma Poh Tofu was so good, I could have eaten it all day long....non-stop. The atmosphere is noisy and busy (exactly what we wanted), and the establishment is spotless (not necessarily what we expected). If you are into "little touches," the tea pots served at tables were a mix-mash of lovely design, which we appreciated. Food was served quickly, hot, and above-all, delicious. If you are an American and have never experienced "true" Chinese dining in a "true" Chinese atmosphere, you MUST visit Sichuan Pavilion. We made sure we exalted this venue to our concierge at The St. Regis. I cannot more-highly recommend a restaurant if you are looking for both and adventure and a happy, full, tummy.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I found absolutely nothing special about this place. It's your regular chinese joint with slightly higher prices to justify its downtown location. The space is small and crowded, but the service is good.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I ordered the Pan fried noodles with the combo of meat, chicken and seafood. It was very tasty. The waiter was very pleasant. The food was delivered very promptly. Tasted very good on a cold DC evening.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This industrisl scale operation manages to produce great food with minimal hassle from bad waiters. It is arguably the best Chinese place on that area, on that price range. The fried rice and shrimp is great. Service is bad, but that's what makes the price reasonable for that quality of food. Top notch.