Tripadvisor
Washington DC
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews adams morgan former church rake's progress sisters restaurant organ pipes rakes progress radio station guest experience bar scene coffee shop in the lobby hip hotel unique hotel lobby restaurant great shower bars and restaurants guest rooms great neighborhood
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I have given the line 5 stars because of the wonderful staff and the great room. We enjoyed 13 nights over Christmas and New Year. We had some problems getting through to reservations and left messages which were never returned. Finally spoke to guest services and got excellent help. We extended our stay and were helped in this by Brook at the front desk. She was always cheerful, helpful and wonderful to talk to.
The room was great. We had a landmark king on floor 5 and it was a good size, nice and quiet for DC and the windows opened which was a real plus. Housekeeping kept us well supplied with soaps and towels. No fridge.The bed was also very comfortable. Overall, a relaxing experience. Valet staff were always very friendly when coming in and out. The fitness centre was good also.

Room tip: Higher floors are quieter. Lower floors above the valet parking can be noisy. Top floor might be noisy from events on the roof.
Date of stay: December 2019
Ismatu D, Guest Experience Coordinator at The LINE DC, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you for the perfect score - with a fantastic team *shout-out Brooke*, spacious rooms, and a great location - we truly have everything you need. Don't be a stranger :).

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I stayed at The Line Hotel for a few nights in January 2020. I arrived a bit early for my reservation but desperately needed to get into my room. I'm not used to random acts of kindness but Tambari at the Check-in desk was absolutely amazing. The way he treated me on this day was the true definition of great customer service and then some. As great as he was, that level of customer service didn't seem to be out of the norm at the hotel.

In addition, both the hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel with accents and design that make you feel right at home. That homey feeling was reinforced by the amazing customer service provided by Tambari and the employees here.

I would 300% recommend you try out this beautiful boutique hotel during your visit to the nation’s capital.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Random acts of kindness are not-so-random at the LINE DC. We are grateful for your recommendation to others and can't wait to have you back for another exceptional stay. Tambari isn't going anywhere!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We were so pleased with our stay at the Line D.C.

Check in was quick and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was stunning and the beds were so comfy, just what we needed after a long cold day of walking! Staff helped us out with printing of tickets for tours we had to rearrange. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them. Everyone from the front desk, the bar and the cleaning staff were always friendly and smiling.

We didn’t get the chance to eat here but the food looked amazing and the bar/reception was always buzzing throughout the day and the night! Such a lovely atmosphere to walk into.

The coffee shop by the door was also perfect to grab a coffee/tea from on our way out in the morning. The nearest metro for us was about 10-15 minute walk however this took us to all of the attractions we wanted to visit and we didn’t mind the walk.

Would 100% recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere where you want to relax and feel comfortable after a day of exploring this amazing city.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent review! We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We recently stayed overnight at The LINE DC for the second time, although I've been many times to the various restaurants in the past. Although local, I was very excited to learn about the Winter Special that included drink tokens and breakfast the next morning. I was in search of R&R, and chose to take a mini staycation for the New Year. I cannot express enough how AMAZING this experience was. Ismatu went *above and beyond* to make us feel welcome and relaxed, even left a wonderful note and surprise goodies in our room. After the BEST dinner at A Rake's Progress, a drink at Brothers and Sisters, and the most comfy room EVER, I slept just over 10 hours. TEN HOURS. It was that relaxing and cozy. Everything about The LINE DC is phenomenal, and it truly feels like you are in a completely different city. The vibe is so chill and the customer service is exceptional. I could have gone out of the city, but instead chose this local gem. And I cannot WAIT to return. Thank you for helping me kick-off 2020 on the right foot!

Date of stay: January 2020
Sam O, Guest Experience Manager at The LINE DC, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

10 hours of sleep! 10 hours of sleep! 10 hours of sleep! We will be sure to let Ismatu know you are well rested. Come back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

This place has eating areas in a former church very nicely decorated and welcoming. The public areas have an attractive early 20th century feel and we wanted to stay and eat. However the background music was too loud for conversing in all the seating areas so we went somewhere else to avoid the noise. I also couldn't find a menu or waiter to show us one. We visited around 330pm-4pm on a weekday. Could be at 60, 65 and 70 yrs of age we were just too old for the noise.

Room tip: For travelers sensitive to noise it may be best to choose another hotel
Date of stay: January 2020

Hope you'll join us for breakfast or lunch. We like things lively, but weekday afternoons and mornings are all about Zen.