“Very good food, very good service, very good prices”
Review of Asia Nine

Asia Nine
Reserve with OpenTable
Asia Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 9th Street and 10th Street
Transit: Red line: Metro Center, China Town Gallery Place Green & Yellow line: Navy Archives Memorial
Description: Asia Nine’s design draws inspiration from different Asian cultures.Jewel tones and rich woods envelop guests with a warm and exotic atmosphere. A glowing washi paper sculpture illuminates the backwall, appealing to the curious spirits of guests. Facing the front window on a raised floor is Asia Nine’s sushi and oyster bar decked out with wood elements, enticing red tile accents, and custom painted tables and bar top. In the main dining area, slate tiles in shades of silver, grey and black cover the floor and compliment dark walnut tables and chairs, seating 100. A long spring green tile bar, seating55, flanks the right side of the room with a bamboo forest background highlighted with a steel waterfall. Directly across the room are large banquettes, wrapped in bamboo with a floating trellis overhead. Just past the banquettes and up the stairs is a cozy lounge, known as the VIP room, complete with a full bar and seating 40.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I understand this isa kind of thailand restaurant, but they serve other dishes such as sushi which is typical of Japan. The best thing of the place is the service the people who attended us were very courteous, and we could be suggested by them the best dishes of the house. In the menu they have an special drink made with coconut, which i really enjoyed it.
Prices were very reasonable an location is excelnt in 9 and e Street. then near all main sites of Washington DC. .

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ate here twice while I was in town. The food and service were excellent. I eat a vegetarian diet and they had some wonderful selections that were flavorful while staying healthy. The price was excellent as well for DC so you can't go wrong with this place.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was wondering why there were so many people on a Sunday evening dining here. My friend and I decided to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised to find out they have happy hour all day on Sunday! And what was even better was the sushi and rice dishes. We had quite the feast. Everything tasted delicious although the one dish they warned would be spicy did indeed turned out to be spicy! So beware of that. I am definitely going to be back for dinner and drinks with friends.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I decided to try Asia Nine out for a small meal... Lobster roll was very good, I wish I has just got one for my whole meal! We also got a couple of the small plates. The beef "jerky" is nt so much jerky as it is crunchy... wouldn't recommend it!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The staff was so nice and interactive. I was in town for just a little bit and was so lucky to find this place. Sashimi, salad, soup... All was fantastic.