Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed 1 week ago
Koen B
via mobile

All reviews lights tour hour tour great tour boat cruise white house major monuments highly recommend this tour take pictures arlington cemetery three hours christopher driver sites stops aboard information jokes
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Josh is a great person and my personal idol we should all strive to be more like Josh. Josh is caring and beautiful, I love Josh.

1  Thank Koen B
Reviewed 1 week ago

I purchased a tour for 3 adults 2 mo prior to our trip to DC, paid for in full. Two days before the scheduled tour, an attempt to contact me was made by phone call, text and an e-mail, I was traveling during that time. Once I had arrived to our destination I answered a call from 'Victor' stating we were the only ones signed up for our tour, could we please reschedule. I let him know that was not an option, we were on a time crunch in DC. I was told my money for the tour would be refunded. I have spoke to not only Victor, but a young lady by the name of Gianna a number of times. Each time I was assured my credit card would see a full credit. On one call to Victor he provided me the name of the company accountant by the name of Carolyn, with her e-mail address and phone #. I was told the message on the voicemail was someone else, but this was Carolyns #. I have left numerous messages and sent an e-mail to the address provided. This is not what I believe is an up and up company. They pass the buck at every opportunity. I have now filed a dispute with my credit card company. I would not now, not ever recommend this company.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We both really enjoyed our recent 6-hour tour of the city with our driver Joseph and guide Mark. The tour was well-planned and we’re still amazed at how much we got to see. Mark was excellent at communicating really interesting facts about all the places we visited, and about the people who made them famous. We’ve since gone back to see many of the highlight places in more detail.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

We did the highlights tour with Henry as our guide and it was a great experince with Henry being a real character who not only gave excellent info on buildings and sites but brought his own life experiences into it making it even more interesting.Would recommend this tour o anyone wanting a flavour of Washington without too much walking

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We selected this tour because we were traveling in a group of ten and wanted hotel pick up. Most others online required 24 hours notice for pick up. We booked same day around 1pm. After speaking with our hotel concierge he recommended On Board and even arranged pick up and accepted payment over the phone! Easy, we thought!
The bus arrived near the time promised. Upon boarding the bus we were instructed not to sit in the seats with the “fogged” windows. There were 3 large windows you could hardly see out, all others were extremely dirty. The bus was old, made terrible noise overhead when traveling through the city streets and was hot and muggy with the cool air rarely being turned on. The overhead (airplane style) air vents and lights were shut off. We were told there was a bathroom on the bus but we could not use it. The tour guide, Dillon, was ok. He walked very quickly and started giving information before half or more of our group even caught up. One person in our group even brought this to his attention, which failed to change his process. We missed almost all the education piece of the trip. The tour went to many monuments but it moves at a quick clip. One particular stop upon boarding the driver turned off the lights and started moving before my daughter and I were even seated. I asked to turn the overhead light on so I could put my camera away and was ignored. There are many tours in the city, we picked blindly based on needing hotel pickup. As a group of 10 we spent nearly $600 for this outing. My suggestion would be: do a little research, go with a company with good reviews. Definitely not this one!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

I visited all the historical places in Washington DC in just one day. The tour guide was very friendly and helpful, the bus was nice and I made new friends during the tour. Thank you On Board Tours DC!

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Willis was our guide and I can't imagine anyone knowing more about the greater D.C. area. The boat tour was just an added gem on this great trip.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Willis was our guide and Alberto the driver. Willis is a very engaging man who loves his job and had lots of interesting tales to tell that brought the city alive.
We met at 10 and during the morning saw a lots of the monuments such as the Lincoln Memorial and the Korean War Veterans Memorial. We then had time for lunch before a 45 minutes boat trip on the river which was a pleasant way to see the sites.
After that, back on the air conditioned bus with plenty of free water provided to see Martin Luther King Memorial and Roosevelt’s Memorial.
We were dropped back at the hotel too which was a bonus.
It was a full 6 hour trip and quite a bit of walking in the heat so the cool bus was welcome relief.
We really enjoyed it and it gave us a good insight into Washington which was great as we were only here for 2 nights.
Recommended. The I

1  Thank AnnieM452
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Great pace and good group size. With rain on and off all day the bus and air conditioning was huge plus. I'm not a group tour person typically but this was a great way to get an overview of all the key sites.

Thanks to Robert and Alberto for making our tour enjoyable, informative and so pleasant.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I was traveling with my husband and 16 year old granddaughter. All of us were very disappointed in the tour. Our guide couldn't use the microphone properly. The back half of the bus rarely understood a word she said. The microphone either popped or her voice was mumbled. I think her name was Susan but not sure about that either. She kept thanking us for input but kept going back to putting the microphone too close to her mouth Perhaps a headset would work better. In addition, 10 minutes at each site was not enough time to see much, especially if you needed to use the ladies' room-the line took longer than 10 minutes. A better use of time would be to skip the cruise portion of the tour and spend more time at each monument. There is not much to see from the water.