“Spot on.”
Review of Commissary

Commissary
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
Description: Commissary is Logan Circle's casual neighborhood café. We serve breakfast & brunch, lunch & dinner, snacks & smoothies as well as house-made desserts and shakes, along with an expansive daily happy hour. We have a large bar, cozy lounge area, outside café and free Wi-Fi. Our diverse menu is simple and affordable, with breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads and pizza for lunch or dinner, plus a great selection of dinner entrees and daily seasonal specials. Commissary is a perfect any day, any time place.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Spot on.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

During my recent visit to Washington DC I found myself at a loose end on my last day. I decided that it might be nice to sit outside and enjoy the last of the American sunshine over lunch in a local restaurant. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to stumble across the Commissary.

Situated on trendy 'P Street', this place was exactly what I was looking for. For lunch I had the Lamb & Quinoa Pita with Hummus & Tzatziki Sauce which was delicious. This was washed down by a couple of bottles of Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale which was recommended by our waiter, a chap called Bubba, who was incredibly helpful, friendly and really added to the whole experience.

The Commissary is described as 'your neighbourhood place' and that's exactly what it was; good honest food, well priced, charming staff and a really relaxed atmosphere. If I didn't have a flight to catch I could have easily hung out there all afternoon.

Next time I'm in town I'll no doubt be visiting this place again.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Reading, Pennsylvania
“A comfy, cozy, environmentally conscious place.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an easy review: good food, good service, easy dine-in or take away. When we're staying in the area we always get food from here. See, easy.

Ocala, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It seemed as though this was local favorite as we were there during the government shutdown and there was a ton of twenty something locals eating next to us. So I walked over and ask how many we're government employees the said they all were. I love to eat where the locals hang out whenever possible because the food is usually very good and the Commissary was no exception.
I can only speak to their breakfast menu because that's all we had both 2 days in a row. The potato pancakes were out of this world to be sure! It was a little pricier than I'm used to but I chalked that up to higher cost of living in the big city ( Which I do not). Anyways, the food is excellent and its still a bargain compared to $15 hotel buffets with their greasy foods and runny eggs IMO.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Great and reliable spot for a nice breakfast”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place was very close to out hotel (Rouge Kimpton) and it offered great options for a nice breakfast. The spinach and mushrooms omelet was my favorite (I ordered it twice :) ). Free wifi and nice place...who could ask for more to start the day?

Alexandria, Virginia
“Best bagel and lox”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Along with a group of furloughed colleagues I went here for happy hour and brunch. I was absolutely amazed with the bagel and smoked lox. This might be the best quality loxs that can be found anywhere in DC. If you do not like strongly smoked loxs, then this will not be the dish for you. The salmon was of the highest quality, was very fresh, and was perfectly smoked. I split this dish with a colleague, which I came to regret when it turned out to be so good. I had half of her "eat well sandwich" which was egg whites, avocado, and tomatoes on wheat bread she had them put some cheddar cheese on top. Hers was good but mine was the best. The only downside of the restaurant, which I have seen on reviews on other websites, is that the service was not so great. This could be explained by our large group and also the fact that there were many other futloughed government workers arriving at the same time when I bet they usually do not expect a large crowd at 11 a.m. on a Tuesday. I will be back, and bringing friends who love bagel and lox.