“Jewel in the heart of Downtown D.C.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
The Inn at Dupont South
Ranked #30 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2006

I reserve a room at the Inn everytime my mother visits Washington,D.C. She loves the convience of the subway, wonderful expanded breakfast, afternoon dessert and tea before dinner. We meet her for breakfast and dine in the garden. This 1872 Victorian town home has been wonderfully preserved. The accomodations are charming and clean. They have a room at every price point for the modest traveler. I had my baby shower at the Inn. My guests loved the food and the service. The staff is warm and caring.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank jboyce
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Dupont South

Reviewed May 2, 2006

This bed and breakfast has a magnificent location right at Dupont Circle and it is lovely from the outside. The rooms I stayed in were extremely small and many of the things in the room didn't work (i.e. couldn't get air conditioning to go on, couldn't use fan unless light was also on, bathtub was almost next to the bed and there was no wall separating tub and sink area from room, bath had very strong smell of bleach and since there was no division between tub and room the whole room had a very strong odor of bleach). You may want to know that there is no elevator and top rooms require walking up five flights of stairs. Although the location was fantastic, the overall value is so low that I recommend going to an inn or hotel where more attention has been paid to the essential details that make a visit enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank TraveltoIsrael
A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond, VA
Reviewed March 15, 2006

This was my first B&B stay. I checked in on the recomendation of a dear friend. Comfort and cleanliness was the expectation and it was resoundingly met. The surprise was the quaint decoration of my room with an eclectic mix of antiques and thoughtful amenities. Carolyn was a gracious and wonderful host. I only stayed for one night on this trip, but I'll go back for an extended stay in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2006

Wow...! I must say that it has been a very long time since I have experienced such a high level of professionalism, matched with comfort and cleanliness...
My wife and I found this "Diamond" of a B&B in the center of Washington, D.C.! Wonderful location, right across from the Metro Rail and Shops,
Restaurants on every corner, movie theatre ..... whew...

I guess I could go on, but to cut it short....

Not to start a new trend of "Quality B&B Seekers" towards my new home away from home, but I do believe credit should be paid where credit is due.

Everything from a smooth check in by the more than happy to help Innkeeper to a special order omlette in the morning, I have to say that we had a wonderful time while staying at The Inn at Dupont Circle and would recommend this B&B to the closest of friends...

Limited Availibility so I'm sure I'll be sorry in the near future for leaking this one ...
Enjoy!

4  Thank tymoney
A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2006

My worst bed and breakfast experience out of apprx. 50 different stays at locations abroad. Poor service, overpriced, and I left with a vey bad taste in my mouth. If you are in the market for a B&B in DC, please do yourself a favor and keep looking!

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 19, 2005

The Inn itself has a great location; it is right near Dupont Circle and the metro. Parking is a big hassle even though you pay extra for it (not cheap). Our main complaint was how loud our room was (people clunking up the stairs past our room, an old house doesn't have the best acoustics between rooms, and clanking from the kitchen in the morning). I'm a heavy sleeper and a frequent traveler, but I did wake up several times due to noise. On the bright side, the breakfast was wonderful! I'm not exactly sure if I would stay there again. . . .

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank Leezer1015
Reviewed December 31, 2004

I stayed at this Inn for 7 nights while vacation in DC. It was such a great location ... right in the middle of the city but, it felt like an oasis from all the hustle and bustle of Washington. The innkeeper was very nice and pleasant and there was even free wine awaiting us each evening. The piano in the parlor was an extra treat for a piano player like me. The room was spacious and quiet and very reasonable priced. I shared a bath with two other rooms and never did I have to wait to use it. The breakfast was very good, as well. Having never been to DC before, the innkeeper was very helpful with directions and tips. It's a great neighborhood for eating.

5  Thank blakestatn