“Blown Away - no better way to tour DC”
Review of Segs in the City

$75.00*
Sunset Segway Tour of Washington DC
Ranked #30 of 148 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Segs in the City is the premium Segway Tour operator in Washington DC. We offer 1 hour, 1.5 hour and 2 hour and 2.5 hour Segway tours of the Capitol, Monuments on the Mall. Whitehouse, Embassies and Cathedral. Segs in the City is the first segway tour operator in DC. We offer professional personal service, knowledgeable tour guides, personal listening devices and limit group sizes to ensure maximum customer attention.
Reviewed September 26, 2010

These guys are awesome!! Our guide Bill had the most dry sense of humor - what a character! I chose Segs in the City as they are the only ones that do a tour of the Monuments on the National Mall and my family wanted to do the tourist thing. I was blown away! Can't wait to do it again in Annapolis and Baltimore - on my bucket list! Cudos segs in the city!

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Thank you to Bill and Tonia for such a fun memory! We called and made reservations at the last minute, and Bill was very helpful and efficient with the reservation process. We arrived 15 minutes before departure time and filled out a minimum of paperwork. We then got our training talk and practiced for about 15 minutes before taking off. The segways themselves feel a bit strange for about 5 minutes; after that, you pick up how easy it is to maneuver them and stop overcorrecting. The machines themselves are fascinating - very little forward or backward lean and you can change/correct any movement. They even had water bottle holders on the segways themselves! I saw on one review here that they didn't have a bag, which was true, but they did have water bottle holders. If you have any bags that you don't want to carry (I had a string bag that I wore on my back with a camera, money, etc.)....they will keep their bags for you at their facility until you return!

Our tour guide, Lily, was great! She knew a ton of information and even though I've been to DC several times I learned new nuggets to take with me. We did the Memorial Safari and it was fantastic. There is no way in the world you'd get all of that done in several hours walking. Plus, the segway itself is fun in addition to seeing the tourist sites.

My mom is 66 years old (this was her birthday weekend gift) and she handled it easily!

I recommend this experience highly! We will treasure the memories always.

Stacey in SC

1  Thank saukamp
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had some relatives in town (ages 20-50) and we wanted to do something that would cover most of DC, yet wasn't particularly tiring while fun at the same time. This seemed like a great option. We took the night tour from the Union Station first, and while this covered pretty much the same 'sights', we still learned something knew, but most importantly were able to get closer to some of the attractions (the Capitol and the White House), while having loads of fun. The segway is much easier to learn how to ride than riding a bike. My only comment to the owners of this place, is to have a bit more informed guides, that would keep talking throughout the trip.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

Segs in the City

We just used the “Segs in the City group” for a 1 hr segway tour around DC. It was a lot of fun. We were shown how they work and were trained in a courtyard next to the Old Post Office and after we got the basics down we headed off up Pennsylvania Avenue to the Supreme Court and Capitol buildings. You cover a lot of ground in a relatively short period. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly…. They made the ride a fun adventure.

Segways are fairly simply to use and while not idiot proof….. it was much like riding a bike….. Not a huge skill level required…. I noticed one of the previous posts thought the training was not sufficient and wanted see a demonstration video…. I could not imagine having to watch a video on how to use one of these….. Unless you are mentally challenged you will work it out in about 2 minutes…..

1  Thank fasterfaster
Reviewed June 10, 2009

My family and I recently toured with Segs in the City in Washington, DC and it was amazing! It only took us a few minutes to train (it's surprisingly easy!), our guide ensured that we were comfortable and then we were on our way. It really is the best way to see the city. You cover so much ground in two hours!

We'll be back next year to do it again!

2  Thank RerunKLE