“A must visit”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 20th St. / Pennsylvania Ave. (Foggy Bottom)
Transit: There are two Metro stops within 3 blocks of the restaurant, Orange/Blue lines at Farragut West or Foggy Bottom/GWU. The red DC Circulator bus Georgetown/Union Station line stops on Pennsylvania Ave. at 21st street, as well as on K Street and on 19th, all just one block away.
Description: Founding Farmers, the Greenest Restaurant in DC, is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU, serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain, but it does mean we're working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I were slightly skeptical when reviewing the menu online. We were turned into believers after our appetizer made it to the table. Our drinks, dinner, and dessert didn't let us down either. I would definitely check this out when visiting DC. I recommend making a reservation before going because our wait time was about an hour and 15 minutes. However, the food was still well worth the lengthy wait. The service was great too!

1  Thank BritQ

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My friend, my husband, and I visited this restaurant during Memorial Day weekend. We had a reservation for 2:30 and we were seated by 2:30pm. The host was pleasant and asked if we knew anything about their restaurant or if we had been there before and explained a little about the farmers owning the restaurant. Our server was great and our food came out as requested and hot. My husband and friend had the chicken and waffles and I had the shrimp rolls. We were all full and couldn't finish the portions we were given. Good fried chicken that isn't greasy can be tricky, and theirs is wonderful. We will definitely be back when we visit DC again!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Menu and Food were good. The service and staff were awesome. Our server was all smiles and seemed to really love talking about the menu and the spirit of the restaurant. I had one of the hand-made sodas, sarsaparilla, which I enjoyed, but my wife had the lemon-lime and it was not good..

We will definitely return!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Outstanding! My mouth is still in a great place. Fabulous service too. Couldn't get a reservation but sat at the bar and still had an outstanding service. The prices ranged from low to high. I am so glad I read the reviews. It was a great DC experience. Definitely will go back.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Food is what you would expect from the name: typical simple American (deviled eggs and popcorn for appetizers). Service is good. Many dishes have a lot of "hidden" fat, and that makes them good, but watch out for the waistline.

1  Thank kaffir1