1,404 results
All reviewsbutler servicewhite housemetropolitan suitechampagne saberingjean francoisbathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelturn down servicetwo blocksroom serviceconcierge deskupgraded roomfour seasonsthe entire staffupon checkhay adamsnational mall
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

The location is great and very central and the hotel is beautiful with a grand lobby that feels like you stepped into another time. The rooms are also beautiful and well designed especially if you like classic design. But compared to other five star hotels of this rank, including the St Regis in Istanbul, I just expected much more. To start, I asked for a room with natural light (don't care about the view just need some light in the morning), and while they did put me on the top floor the room looked straight onto a building and there was hardly any light. I was expecting really exceptional and personalized service and while the service was very good it just wasn't the St Regis I thought it would be. In Istanbul the butler came to show you the room as you check in, and made sure you have everything you need, plus makes you aware of all the services the butler can offer during the stay. They were always present throughout the stay. The butler service is their signature thing and yet in this location it feels kind of non existent. In Istanbul every time I came home from a day out, there was a little note with some sweet treats such as truffles left as a compliment...here in DC they just have cards advertising their Sunday brunch and signature cocktails from other locations which aren't even available on the menu...(interesting marketing strategy). Then there's the food. An espresso is $8! And it's not that great. "Fresh squeezed orange juice" also $8 but it wasn't even fresh. You can always tell if juice has been recently squeezed people! Beet salad with goat cheese, there was very little goat cheese, just a few crumbs and barely any dressing. The cod was good, but not warm and not amazing in terms of flavor either. Again, none of it was terrible it's just that at that price point I expect much more. I mentioned to them that as part of my honeymoon I'll be staying in another St Regis location in a few weeks and there was no acknowledgement, so there doesn't seem to be much continuity between experiences at different St Regis locations or recognition of guests who could become loyal to the St Regis brand.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Traveler586nyc
Felix S, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear Traveler586nyc,

Thank you for having taken both the time and the trouble to record your disappointment about your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences that may have been experienced. The experience you had is certainly not the one we have become known for.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as our management team is committed to ensuring that all of our processes are reviewed for possible improvement and training is revisited wherever appropriate.

I would value the opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me

Reviewed November 14, 2017

My girlfriends and I were just at St. Regis over the weekend to experience their Afternoon Tea after hearing so many nice things about it. I made my initial reservation for a group of 14. They were kind enough to accommodate our group and said that they will give us a private room. Some friends decided to cancel at the last minute so I called to modify my reservation down to 10. I gave my credit card to the reservation manager to hold the reservation. Mind you that the reservation manager never mentioned anything about being charged for the total reservation regardless if the people showed up or not. The day of our event came and some friends cancelled at the last minute (that's a different story to itself) so I told the manager if we could be moved to a smaller place since there will be only 5 of us. He was telling us that we will be charged for 10 people. My friends and I threatened to walk out and when he came back he said that we will only pay per person of $55 plus tip. The experience was okay the food was nothing to brag about. The lobby was impressive though. The kicker here is that one of my friends got erroneously charged double the amount on their credit card bill. Was this some backhand dealing of charging us for ten to recoup their loss? One thing I can say is that we will never come back here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Felix S, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Dear chufang151,

Thank you for having taken both the time and the trouble to record your disappointment about your recent experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences that may have been experienced. The experience you had is certainly not the one we have become known for as it is our intention to provide a superior hotel experience and I do apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

I am in the process of reviewing each of your comments with my management team who is committed to ensuring that all of our processes are reviewed for possible improvement and training is revisited wherever appropriate.

Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any assistance. It is my sincere hope that you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations and restore your confidence in The St. Regis Hotel, Washington, D.C.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

It was a splurge, but staying at the St. Regis was well worth the money. We were within walking distance to the White House and many historic monuments. The staff and service were superb. We used the concierge often and they assisted us with dinner reservations at Casa Luca, Ristorante Piccolo, and Le Diplomate--all excellent. The rooms were a bit small, but well-appointed.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Dear kimtlake,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you at the hotel and to read about your stay with us. and always rewarding to hear positive feedback from our guests. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the staff.

I am delighted that our location was to your liking. The hotel is only a short walk to The White House and not far from the monuments and museums which is an advantage that is appreciated by many of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

The service is impeccable, although they did make me check out and recheck in after one night even though I️ was in the same room. They didn’t have a way to combine reservations. The room was smallish but beautiful. Lots of extras including a great turn down service, Bose speakers, etc. Great location close to White House too.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Kevin S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The St. Regis Washington D.C. Please accept my sincere apologies that you have to check out and check back in again. We truly value your feedback which will enable us to correct our deficiencies and we hope you will consider us for your next stay in Washington, DC.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

If you’re looking for a beautiful Old world charm luxury hotel in DC, The St. Regis is your spot. We spent 3 nights and 4 days. The lobby and lobby bar are beautiful, warm and inviting. It immediately makes you want to sit down and either have tea service or champagne and cocktails. Stayed in a very comfortable, well appointed 1 Bdrm Suite. Very spacious with lots of closet and storage room. Comfy salon and dining area. Well appointed bar. Nice Big foyer. Very quiet - while facing the street, there was no noise! We were on the 5th floor. You can see the White House from the front of the hotel. It’s a nice 5 mins stroll. You’re within walking distance to a lot of the museums, the Washington Monument, the WWII memorial.... etc. (If you love walking you can walk to the Lincoln memorial, the Korean War memorial, the Vietnam memorial, Martin Luther King memorial, see the Potomac etc. ) The doormen at the St. Regis are wonderful. ALWAYS there to greet you and help in any way. The Concierge was great. Note to Management - you need 2 more Concierges on staff. I happened to watch those ladies and they NEVER stop. (on shifts 1 at a time). I would 100% stay there in future trips to Washington.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family

Dear Kelly S,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us. Your positive feedback on the overall quality of service and particular the Concierge Team is very encouraging and much appreciated.

The location of the hotel, only a short walk from some of the nation’s most cherished monuments is certainly a great advantage of the hotel and we look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.