New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent Property, Service and Location in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #14 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
“Excellent Property, Service and Location in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The St. Regis is very centrally located in DC and an excellent property. The service is very high quality and what you would expect from St. Regis. The rooms are nicely appointed and the property is in overall good condition.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our unbeatable location, your “nicely appointed” guestroom, as well as the “very high quality” service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Took my wife and 2 kiddos to DC for a week in April 2014 and stayed at the St. Regis. What an amazing location and property. What was even more impressive was how attentive and gracious the staff was here - especially Alessio and Alex. Have never poster a review on tripadvisor, but am happy to do so because of how remarkable our stay was hat this hotel. Can't imagine coming back to DC and not staying here....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JeffP007
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your “remarkable” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “amazing location” as well as the service that you received from members of our “attentive and gracious” staff. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding Alessio at the front desk and Alex Gruhin, the esteemed Cultural Attaché of the property and the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

In order to attend a late night event in DC, I booked a one night stay at the St. Regis hotel in Downtown Washington. For full disclosure, I will share that I work less than a mile from the hotel and am very familiar with the neighborhood and related attractions. I have also eaten in the hotel's restaurant and bar a few times, so the only "new" experience I would have would be as a guest staying in one of their rooms.

I arrived mid-afternoon on a Friday and drove up to their entrance via the narrow driveway. I knew that parking was valet only and it is a steep $49/night. That rate is somewhat in range for hotels in that area of Washington, but I still think its hefty. You will be greeted by professional and well trained staff. The lobby is small, but classically decorated and comfortable. One end leads into its event area and the other end toward the bar and restaurant. The guest registration desk is to the right as your enter and is rather understated. My check in was smooth. For some reason, I had been booked for a handicap accessible room ( which I didnt need) so there were a few extra minutes spent finding a regular ready room.

My room was on the 7th floor and faced the rear of the building overlooking a lower rooftop and some building construction adjacent to the hotel. In truth, it was a crappy view and poor floor location considering I am a Starwood member. I have stopped complaining about bad view rooms on one-night stays, but I do think guests in the rewards program should always have a scenic view.

Beyond that, the room was well decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was excellent. One of the best I have ever been in. I like a strong blast from showerheads and this one felt like being in a high quality spa shower. The bed was very comfortable, but the king size dominated the open floor space and made the small sofa on the far side of the room almost an extension of the bed. My one complaint about the room was that there was no iron or ironing board in the armoire which I did need for a wrinkled suit and shirt I was wearing for the event. However, you have butler service at the hotel and one was provided for me within minutes

I did not eat at the hotel, but did need an ice bucket for a champagne bottle. When I first called to ask for the ice machine location, I was told that one was on my floor and spent several minutes wandering the 7th floor before giving up and calling back. On the second call, the butler responded within about 15 minutes.

My stay at the St. Regis served the purpose of being in proximity to the events that I attended well. The neighborhood is ideal for food, shopping and sightseeing needs and every staff encounter at the hotel was top-notch. I was disappointed that there did not appear any "extra" for an SPG member with this stay, but left satisfied with making the choice to stay at the St. Regis for this occasion.

Room Tip: ask for something facing the street or courtyard. There is construction on the rear side of the bui...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Farmerica
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our property. I genuinely appreciate your kind words regarding the service that you received from our “top-notch” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of our product is being investigated and all outstanding issues will be resolved in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this information to my attention. I look forward to your return to our property.

Okc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

There on business and it was a wonderful place to stay. I had been there 3 times before and it has always been a great place to stay! Good location near the White House. Probably my favorite dc hotel, and I've been there probably 10 times.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that we are “probably [your] favorite DC hotel.” I look forward to your next stay at your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Cohasset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have had the pleasure to stay at the St. Regis numerous times over the years. It is part of the Starwood family of hotels. My travel to DC has been for business and the location of the hotel is outstanding. It is just a couple of blocks away from the White House, other DC historical attractions, and in close proximity to a plethora of outstanding restaurants. The hotel itself is in an old historic looking building which has a welcoming and comfortable lobby. The rooms are roomy and clean and I was able to connect to the lobby internet for free, which was bonus. The staff is very friendly, whether it be the doormen, lobby check-in personnel, or the bartenders in the bar. I recommend the St. Regis to anyone traveling to DC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoy our “welcoming and comfortable lobby,” “roomy and clean” guestrooms as well as the service that you receive from members of our “very friendly” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

we Stayed at this lovely hotel in a fabulous location , a short walk from the White House ,Room was spacious and comfortable.Bar and restaurant were very high quality; and the service was top notch. friendly, warm, inviting and knowledgeable staff - all outstanding.the Director of Beverage Orcun was a pleasure getting too know him made our stay that much more welcoming ,We enjoyed talking with our bartender Reda each day.he made me the best st regis bloody mary.staff are focused on their guests and ensuring an exceptional experience at the St. Regis.I'm looking forward to returning soon, and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “fabulous location” two blocks north of the White House, your “spacious and comfortable” guestroom and our “very high quality” bar and restaurant. I am also glad that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “friendly, warm, inviting and knowledgeable” staff including our Director Beverage Orcun Turkay and Reda at the St. Regis Bar. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel is perfect in every way! It is one block from the White House, the staff was helpful and extremely kind. Rooms were great and very clean. My kids loved the TV in the bathroom. This hotel is a true gem!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of the “true gem” that is the “incredible” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location, one block from the White House, and the service that you received from members of our “helpful and extremely kind” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!