“Love this DC hotel”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have lived in DC for 20 years and, several times each year, enjoy taking a night or weekend to stay downtown with my wife. What I have found is that there are three typical types of hotels.

You have the historic hotel, such as the Hay Adams.

You have the same hotels from other cities such as the JW Marriott

And you have the funky cool hotels, such as the W, which feel awkward being in DC in the first place.

The St. Regis stands out from all of these. It's luxurious without being stuffy. It's cool without giving you a headache from the elevator acid jazz music. The staff is over-the-top service-wise, but genuine.

I think it's the best Starwood has to offer, and plan to explore more of what St Reigis has to offer in other cities in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your stay at the “luxurious” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “genuine” service that you received from members of our “great and personal staff." We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our aesthetic and unique service culture. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm a 100+ hotel night per year traveler and have been for a decade. This was a fantastic stay in DC. I found the property cleanly and the room spacious. I received a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Overall service was top notch, and quality of in -room dining was excellent. Was a fantastic stay. Many thanks

1  Thank Steve G
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the “classy” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “spacious” guestroom, our “excellent” private dining service and the “top notch” service that you received from members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed at this lovely hotel in a fabulous location -- a short walk from the White House and other sites. Check in was easy. Room was spacious and comfortable. The doorman was extremely friendly and helpful with directions. Great hotel for business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing 16th Street.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at the “lovely” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “fabulous” location, your “spacious and comfortable” guestroom and the service that you received from our “extremely friendly and helpful” doorman. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stay at this hotel many times a year and always experience great, personal service. The location is perfect for business or pleasure. The staff is attentive and friendly and the meeting rooms work nicely. The food is great as well!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoy our location, “great” food and the “personal service” that you receive from members of our “attentive and friendly” staff. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room is redone for the evening and you are given bottles of water (which made me very happy having had a fever that day) There is internet in the lobby and it is free I did not eat but you can take a glass Armor bar of restaurant. In summary, a very nice hotel conveniently located to say hello to Obama. I recommend it. We stayed with our 13-year-old daughter at St. Regis in July 2013 for two days. The hotel is conveniently located behind the White House. The staff is attentive and speaks French. The concierge is very good advice. The room was very nice although we had to share the bed (huge) three. Great hotel on the whole.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our turndown service, convenient location and the overall service that you received from our “attentive” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have stayed in many 5 Star Hotels, but The St Regis In Washington D.C has topped all the other Hotels we've been in to date. you also have your own private Butler to help with whatever your needs may be, unpacking, shoe shining, etc. Our room was comfortable & very clean.the bar & restaurant decanter were outstanding ,food was delicious & the bar does the world's most awesome cocktails with special ice cubes ,"the best old-fashioned cocktail i have EVER had" Reda was a great bartender very friendly and great service ,thanks to the Managers Karem and Marta and Ammar .Excellent hotel with exceptional service. Everyone went above and beyond. We felt welcomed and at home,we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C., which “topped all the other hotels [you’ve] been in to date!” I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “comfortable and very clean” guestroom and the “world’s most awesome cocktails” at the St. Regis Bar. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “great bartender” Reda and the “above and beyond” service you received members of our staff including Kerem, Marta and myself. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My son and I came here as part of our grand college tour. We couldn't have had a better experience - the location is two blocks from the White House (my son and I took a walk around right after touring Georgetown); the rooms and restaurant were very high quality; and the service was top notch. In particular Alex the cultural attaché there was incredibly knowledgeable about the local scene there and my son and I ended up going to two great events that evening at his recommendation - the first a local jazz club and the second a comedy club with a unique 'hypnosis' component Alex rightly thought was quirky but very, very funny. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “very high quality” guestrooms and restaurant and the “top notch” service that you received from members of our staff. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our esteemed and “incredibly knowledgeable” Cultural Attaché Alex Gruhin, the curator of the St. Regis Washington D.C. guest experience. I am glad that Alex’s recommendations were helpful. Did you know that Alex also offers an incredible history tour of the property on Thursdays and Fridays at 5:00 PM? I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!