“They Really Care”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #23 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had a great stay. Arrived very late and the individual in charge responded quickly to open the front door and check us in. He gave me very good advice that I should call ahead of time to make certain they don't release the room. I sincerely appreciated the thought but more importantly that they did not give away my room.

Also, given my late arrival, the front desk was very responsive to my request for a late check out. That was differentiated as most hotels are not that accommodating, especially when full. The kind and accommodating attitude was very welcomed given that I was tired and the hotel was completely sold out.

Bellman was helpful and very aggressive to get a cab quickly so I could make my flight in a hurry.

I love the in mirror TV which is in the bathroom allowing me to efficiently watch CNBC while multitasking.

Emailing the charges on check out was very efficient and quick.

I hope to return soon.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything at our property from the television in the guestroom bathroom’s mirror to the service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

From the moment I pulled up I found the service to be stellar. From the doorman welcoming by name, to the front desk and to rest of the staff, the attitude was service, service, service. A great experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “stellar” service that you received from members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife, Sarah, and I stayed in the St Regis for 6 weeks for two neurosurgeries she was undertaking at the time in Jan & Feb 14. We originally picked the hotel as it was part of a deal with the airline but we were so glad that we picked the St. Regis. Let me tell you why:
People: In the 6 weeks we stayed there we didn't meet anyone who did not go out of their way to help us in some way shape or form. In no particular order: James, Pierre, Reda, Jose, Alessio, Reina, Labaad, Geoffrey, Antenneh, Sharon, Ammar, sorry to all of you I missed, in a hotel as grand as this the trick is to make people feel at home and you guys nailed it!
Food: The restaurant and bar food was exquisite, the Colorado Rack of Lamb from Room Service is to die for. I also loved the awesome ice cubes that you have in the bar.
Accommodation: Apparently the hotel has been recently refurbished, it is beautiful throughout. We stayed in two different rooms during our time there and I can tell you that the beds are huge and heavenly - a great night's sleep for 6 weeks. Every morning you come out of the foyer and look up 16th Street to see the White House (about 500yds), it is quite magical.

Overall if you're heading to DC on business or pleasure look no further than the St Regis. We also bumped into Tony Blair during our trip which just proves you can't have everything!

Room Tip: The Metro Suite - best mix of price and luxury.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WillF47

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your extended stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! It was an absolute pleasure to host you at our property. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything from the food served at our signature restaurant “Decanter” to your “beautiful” guestroom with its “huge and heavenly” bed to the extraordinary service that you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

First time stay, won't be the last. Friendly, warm, inviting and knowledgeable staff - all outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble, a very custom-service oriented staff, who were all keen to make my stay enjoyable. Bar and restaurant excellent also - the bartender knows her stuff.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “friendly, warm, inviting and knowledgeable” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding the “excellent” St. Regis Bar and our signature restaurant Decanter. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The St. Regis is a beautiful hotel with very comfortable and spacious rooms, but what made the my stay was the service. From the gentleman that checked me in to the house keeping staff, everyone was friendly and very good at their jobs. But, Jane, the bartender, stood out as top class. She was friendly and provided great service, but she also had a very deep knowledge of her bar and made a great old fashioned (which is much harder to find than it should be). All around a great time and I will definitely be back next time I am in D.C.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your stay at the “beautiful” St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “friendly” team, especially Jane the “top class” bartender at the St. Regis Bar. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding your “comfortable and spacious” guestroom. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at the St. Regis recently for a conference and was extremely pleased with the service, beginning with the doormen, who greeted me and offered assistance. The front desk greeted me warmly and were eager to offer recommendations and assistance as well as making a change to my reservation that could have been problematic - but wasn't. I thought the location was very convenient and the rooms were comfortable and elegant. The hotel bar has great servers who also take great care of the customers!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our team, especially our doormen and front desk agents. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “comfortable and elegant” guestrooms and the “great servers” at the St. Regis Bar. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stay here regularly. The hotel is consistent, reliable, and top-rate. The staff are very welcoming, particularly Sherif, the lobby "butler," and the front-desk staff. The overall service is outstanding.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of the “consistent, reliable and top-rate” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoy the “outstanding” service that you receive from our “very welcoming” staff, particularly Sherif and members of our front desk team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.