“Make sure you stop in the St. Regis bar to see Jane”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #20 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Make sure you stop in the St. Regis bar to see Jane”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stay all over DC, and I enjoy a cocktail now and then. Every single time I'm there, Jane delights and educates me with wonderful drinks, interesting chat, and new things to try to make at home. Salut!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoy visiting the beautiful St. Regis Bar and chatting with our bartender Jane. Have you tried one of our delicious pre-prohibition cocktails? I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed 4 days at the St Regis around Christmas and we had a very pleasant experience.

Location is perfect if you want to visit the White house or all the free musea Washington has to offer. Georgetown is only a short drive away, about 5 min.

Service is simply outstanding. The doormen are very good, the receptionists are very efficient and friendly, the concierges are extremely helpful (thanks for the reservations at PJ Clarkes, Rosa Mexicana and Oya) and the bartenders make you feel at home. Overall you get the feeling that you are an individual and not a room number. My kids loved it.

The bar is one of the nicest bars I have experienced and the bartenders were excellent.

The room was big enough to sleep my family with an extendable sofa and the bathroom is very comfortable with a separate restroom. I would have preferred a wooden floor instead of carpet but you can't find many hotels with wooden floors. The room was very quiet.

Breakfast was only a la carte and that was a negative for my family as the bill quickly adds up if you want a serious breakfast. With a family of five, I would have preferred a buffet with a fixed price. It would probably add up to the same total amount but we love to taste and try different things.

All in all, an excellent team at the St Regis. They seem to hire the people that can make the difference with other hotels.

Room Tip: The rooms with the sofa offer good value with kids
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “simply outstanding” service provided to you by members of our team, including our doormen, front desk agents, concierges and bartenders. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding the spectacular St. Regis Bar and the quality of your beautiful and “very quiet” guestroom.” Please know that your feedback regarding our breakfast is certainly being explored. Thank you for bringing this information to my attention. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis. Our arrival greeting at the front desk was warm and welcoming. Our room was nicely decorated and we found it very comfortable.

We ate at the Decanter on three occasions. The food was excellent and the staff was superior!!! Of special note: Kerem , Marta and Jane (staff at the Decanter) were such a pleasure. They could not have made our dining experiences more enjoyable.

The St. Regis has a perfect location, easy to get to all the sites or to conduct business.

We are seasoned travelers and visit Washington DC regularly. This was our first visit to the St Regis.

We stayed at the St Regis three days. It was a wonderful stay and we plan to return.

Room Tip: We had a delux room. It was a good size. Included a small sofa. Plenty of built ins for clothing etc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “nicely decorated” and “very comfortable” guestroom as well as the “warm and welcoming” service that you received from our front desk team on arrival. I also appreciate your kind words regarding your experience at our signature restaurant “Decanter” by Sebastien Rondier and with Kerem, Marta and Jane respectively. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

this is not a weekend get away. i would stay for business but rooms are small not spa no gym except use from the capital hilton. restaurant in the lobby is not good. It wasn't bad just not St Regis quality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hello1220
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. Please know that you feedback regarding certain aspects of your guestroom and our service is being investigated and any issues will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this feedback to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future.

Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I have enjoyed staying at many of the St. Regis properties in the United States. I am also a platinum SPG member. The level of service and attentiveness was terrible and rude at times. It started with check-in, when we arrived into the beautiful lobby, there was no one at the reception desk. The bellman had to search for someone and we waited almost 5 minutes. Our room was not ready, we were told to wait in the lobby for 15 minutes and then no one came to provide us a status on the room after we waited 30 minutes. We were late for an appointment we had. Upon returning and going to our room, the air conditioner was on blowing cold air, the room registered 66 degrees. The TV was non-operable when we called to have it fixed, we were told 10 minutes, no one came for at least 30. The bed is a bed on wheels, and is not made in a tidy way. I was told at the front desk that all beds in the hotel are like that and that they often get complaints about them. There was no complimentary coffee set up in the lobby in the morning and the fitness facility is very small and dingy. I was told that I could use the fitness facility and spa next-door at the Hilton, and was referred there Sunday morning. I walked over at 7:30 AM to the Hilton and the fitness facility did not open until 8 AM. The young lady at the front desk did not even know that. I would never recommend this hotel. Overall, it was a very poor experience.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Rachel R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am frustrated to read of your experience and would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay at your earliest convenience. I can be reached by phone at 202-638-2626. I look forward to our discussion and ensuring that any outstanding issues regarding our product or service are rectified immediately.

Regards,
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights during the Thanksgiving Holiday and have nothing but positives to reports. Welcoming doormen, efficient front desk staff, comfortable/large room and finally great lobby bar. Staff is exceptionally attentive and polite. If you grab a cocktail at the bar ask for Jane (she is a delight and can mix a mean martini). Cheers!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “efficient” and “exceptionally attentive and polite” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. Thank you also for your kind words regarding your comfortable/large guestroom and also your experience with our bartender Jane. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very convenient location for both business and sightseeing. Has the feel of traditional luxury but with all the modern touches such as an iPod dock.Staff efficient and competent with a butler service that presses travel wrinkled suits and makes you business presentable. There are umbrellas in the closet for use in wet weather. A thoughtful and always appreciated extra. The staff is polite friendly and accommodating. Rooms are quiet with the bed inviting and comfortable. The room service meal was quick, warm and tasty. I would have loved to stay longer!

Room Tip: Consider a suite if more space is needed for a room meeting.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael O
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your stay at the historic St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from members of our “efficient and competent” staff, especially our butler service team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding your “quiet” guestroom with its “inviting and comfortable” bed and the “quick, warm and tasty” meal that you enjoyed through our private dining program. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.