1,420 results
All reviews butler service white house metropolitan suite champagne sabering jean francois bathroom mirror beautiful hotel turn down service two blocks room service concierge desk upgraded room four seasons the entire staff upon check hay adams national mall
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The rooms are quiet and the beds are exceptionally comfortable. The restaurant is fine for breakfast. I ordered a salad from room service for dinner one evening. It was fresh and delivered promptly. The gym is limited, but I learned recently of a reciprocal relationship with the gym nearby. Ask at the front desk.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “quiet” guestroom and its “exceptionally comfortable” bed. I am also glad that you benefited from our relationship with the Mint Spa and Athletic Club, located directly across the street from our hotel, whereby guests of our property are allowed complimentary access to their extensive facilities with a flash of a guestroom key! I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Traveling is a part of life for me and my family. I travel often for work and several times a year for leisure with my family, and without a doubt, the St. Regis is my favorite 5 star hotel brand.

Our recent stay at the St. Regis in Washington, D.C. was simply outstanding. The rooms are beyond luxurious but it's the service that outshines all others! From the very helpful concierge, (many thanks to JF DuPont for his great guidance), to the staff in the restaurant the service is exceptional.

With great people taking care of people, spacious rooms, luxurious decor, and super comfortable bedding, this property delivers great experiences.

The location can't be beat as it's so close to White House. I highly recommend the St. Regis!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SuperMassive808

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your “simply outstanding” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “exceptional” service you received from members of our staff, especially our Chef Concierge JF Dupont and the staff in our signature restaurant “Decanter” by Sebastien Rondier. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The perfection of the hotel starts out the second you get out of the car. The greeting from the bell men was both personable and memorable as well effortless. The front desk was more than efficient and accomadating and offered both an incredible overview of the property as well suggestions for our stay. The rooms we had were beautiful and live up to the old charm of the St. Regis with all the modern amenities.
We had breakfast served everyday in the room and the butler staff made certain to pay attention to all details, including the warm maple syrup. They set a perfect table setting down to the orchid center peice.
Can't say enough about the property, staff and overall experience. Thank you St. Regis Washington for making our weekend as magical and memorable as possible. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kenyonrob

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your “magical and memorable” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “personable” service you received from members of our staff, including our butlers, front desk team and bellmen. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I am also glad that you enjoyed your “beautiful” guestroom, with its old-world charm and “modern amenities.” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Having stayed at two St Regis recently, I was really looking forward to visiting this property. Location is great! Short walk to the White House and a number of government offices. Easy to get around via public transport too. Other pluses include the hotel reaching out to guests prior to arrival and post departure inquiring if there is anything that they could do to make the stay more comfortable. The offer of a tour of the property too is also welcome.

The areas that the hotel failed to deliver under the St Regis brand:

- Check in: staff was probably new, and his ability to communicate well in English was a challenge. It took me almost ten mins to check in! Staff was also trained to up sell and the fact that there was so blatant was sickening. Context: I was 45 mins early for the "official check in time" and was told that if I want a room now I need to pay $50 for a room in the next category up. After I had agreed to it (having been waiting for over 3 mins for staff to check status of room), I was not happy when I overheard the guest who was standing next to me being informed that housekeeping is doing final check for her room, which was in the same room category as the one that I had originally booked. If I had known that it would only take another 10-15 mins, I would have waited.

- Housekeeping: It is unclear to me whether it is due to cost-cutting or environmental concerns that led to guests having to request slippers and body lotions - amenities that are readily available in any other St Regis that I have stayed in. If it wasn't the above, it would mean oversight by the housekeeping team.

Turn down service: curtains weren't closed properly. I didn't mind this time as I had to catch an early flight, but that just show how sloppy the hotel is.

Overall, the Westin in Georgetown offer much better value, probably because it delivered its brand promise and this St Regis fell short.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location and your pre- and post-stay interaction with Alex Gruhin, our esteemed Cultural Attaché, who also leads a history tour of our hotel, “The Pursuit of a Legacy.” Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your guestroom and our service is being investigated and any issues will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this feedback to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We are frequent visitors to the DC area and usually stay at the W or the Westin Georgetown. This was our first time at this St. Regis. The lobby is gorgeous, and the location is great. Our "premium deluxe" room was really lovely, but we were disappointed with the absense of a bathtub in the bathroom, interior view, and minimal closet space.
As a starwood platinum member, we expected a better upgrade since there was plenty of availability online that night for nicer rooms.
Overall, though, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “gorgeous” lobby, “great” location and your “lovely” guestroom. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your stay is absolutely being investigated and any issues will be rectified in due course. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.