1,404 results
All reviewsbutler servicewhite housemetropolitan suitechampagne saberingjean francoisbathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelturn down servicetwo blocksroom serviceconcierge deskupgraded roomfour seasonsthe entire staffupon checkhay adamsnational mall
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The perfection of the hotel starts out the second you get out of the car. The greeting from the bell men was both personable and memorable as well effortless. The front desk was more than efficient and accomadating and offered both an incredible overview of the property as well suggestions for our stay. The rooms we had were beautiful and live up to the old charm of the St. Regis with all the modern amenities.
We had breakfast served everyday in the room and the butler staff made certain to pay attention to all details, including the warm maple syrup. They set a perfect table setting down to the orchid center peice.
Can't say enough about the property, staff and overall experience. Thank you St. Regis Washington for making our weekend as magical and memorable as possible. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kenyonrob
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your “magical and memorable” experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “personable” service you received from members of our staff, including our butlers, front desk team and bellmen. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I am also glad that you enjoyed your “beautiful” guestroom, with its old-world charm and “modern amenities.” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Having stayed at two St Regis recently, I was really looking forward to visiting this property. Location is great! Short walk to the White House and a number of government offices. Easy to get around via public transport too. Other pluses include the hotel reaching out to guests prior to arrival and post departure inquiring if there is anything that they could do to make the stay more comfortable. The offer of a tour of the property too is also welcome.

The areas that the hotel failed to deliver under the St Regis brand:

- Check in: staff was probably new, and his ability to communicate well in English was a challenge. It took me almost ten mins to check in! Staff was also trained to up sell and the fact that there was so blatant was sickening. Context: I was 45 mins early for the "official check in time" and was told that if I want a room now I need to pay $50 for a room in the next category up. After I had agreed to it (having been waiting for over 3 mins for staff to check status of room), I was not happy when I overheard the guest who was standing next to me being informed that housekeeping is doing final check for her room, which was in the same room category as the one that I had originally booked. If I had known that it would only take another 10-15 mins, I would have waited.

- Housekeeping: It is unclear to me whether it is due to cost-cutting or environmental concerns that led to guests having to request slippers and body lotions - amenities that are readily available in any other St Regis that I have stayed in. If it wasn't the above, it would mean oversight by the housekeeping team.

Turn down service: curtains weren't closed properly. I didn't mind this time as I had to catch an early flight, but that just show how sloppy the hotel is.

Overall, the Westin in Georgetown offer much better value, probably because it delivered its brand promise and this St Regis fell short.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our location and your pre- and post-stay interaction with Alex Gruhin, our esteemed Cultural Attaché, who also leads a history tour of our hotel, “The Pursuit of a Legacy.” Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your guestroom and our service is being investigated and any issues will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for bringing this feedback to my attention. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We are frequent visitors to the DC area and usually stay at the W or the Westin Georgetown. This was our first time at this St. Regis. The lobby is gorgeous, and the location is great. Our "premium deluxe" room was really lovely, but we were disappointed with the absense of a bathtub in the bathroom, interior view, and minimal closet space.
As a starwood platinum member, we expected a better upgrade since there was plenty of availability online that night for nicer rooms.
Overall, though, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “gorgeous” lobby, “great” location and your “lovely” guestroom. Please know that your constructive feedback regarding certain aspects of your stay is absolutely being investigated and any issues will be rectified in due course. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Visiting DC for business and had a wonderful time at the beautiful St. Regis. The service was impeccable and the hotel is absolutely stunning. Location is perfect- only about a block away from the White House!

I hope that I will have the opportunity to visit again very soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the “stunning” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “impeccable” service you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Writing review from hotel restaurant.... Stayed last night, for my Anniversary to see a concert in town. From the moment we walked in the door the service was first class. Very rare that all areas excel in service from the moment we walked in to leaving today. It was a nice luxury resort in a great location. We are starwood guests and were upgraded at check in.... Overall a wonderful experience.... Topping it off with a great nightly rate. Couldn't have asked for a better Anniversary.... Thank you St.Regis for a great stay

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your anniversary stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “first class” service you received from members of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.