1,420 results
All reviews butler service white house metropolitan suite champagne sabering jean francois bathroom mirror beautiful hotel turn down service two blocks room service concierge desk upgraded room four seasons the entire staff upon check hay adams national mall
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed here for my first trip to Washington DC & it was fabulous. The location was ideal. We were upgraded to a small suite which was very nice & the staff were all terrific, the butler service bringing me French pressed coffee in the morning was prompt & very pleasant. I did find it odd that the desk was in the bedroom rather than the "living room" & there was no telephone in the living room either.....
Breakfast was good in the dining room with excellent coffee & tea choices & service was excellent. The hotel is beautifully restored & the ceilings are magnificent. I did notice that the hotel appears to have a multi lingual staff which I would expect in a hotel of this category in a place like DC!! The concierge was very helpful & the doormen were all very nice. Inasmuch as there is no hotel parking onsite, it did take a while to have a car brought up, so I suggest allowing probably 20 minutes or so from calling for your car to driving away.
When I return I will definately stay at the St. Regis again, which I guess says it all!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “ideal” location and the service that you received from members of our “terrific,” “multilingual” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our décor (including the magnificent original ceilings from 1926 on our lobby level) and your experience with our signature butler service. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here while traveling for business and a few days of leisure. How can you not want to stay at this hotel? It's beyond sublime with its interior decor and world-class service. The staff from the lobby, front desk, concierge, receiving department and house keeping were nothing but helpful and wanted to ensure I had everything needed for my stay (I was also attending a tradeshow and they made sure all my packages were received on time). Also centrally located to the metro station and better yet, the White House! Also note there is full access to the Hilton Mint Health Club across the street which is a full-service gym with group exercise classes. For the right price, right location and service that is right-on, I'll definitely be returning to the St. Regis Washington DC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sublime review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our hotel’s beautiful, historic interior décor and the “world-class service” that you received from members of our staff, including associates in our front office and housekeeping departments. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our location and your complimentary access to the extensive facilities at Mint Health Club, located across K Street from our hotel. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Excellent hotel with old fashion customer service. Very helpful and responsive. Beautiful building, excellent dining and fabulous rooms. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Washington DC. They upgraded our room and were helpful in every way.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from members of our “very helpful and responsive” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our kitchen’s “excellent” cuisine and your guestroom. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night because our friends were having their wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel. We booked 2 adjoining rooms. The hotel is located down the street from the White House and is a less than 5 minute walk to the Farragut West metro station or the McPherson Sq metro station.

The rooms are grand and well-appointed and the bed was comfortable. For those traveling with kids, thankfully there is a kids section in the room service menu.

A few examples of good service they provided...
-When we arrived, our bags were brought upstairs promptly, which I always appreciate.
-A friend of ours staying in another room inquired about getting an iPhone charger. They didn't have any available, but a couple hours later, they called her back to see if she still needed one.
-Room service sent up a few complimentary cake pops for the kids, which was a nice touch.

A few areas for improvement in service...
-We had to wait over 30 minutes for Security to come upstairs and unlock the adjoining room doors.
-Although the doormen were well-intentioned, when I inquired about parking options for a friend who was babysitting our kids that night, they suggested my friend should use their valet parking for $29 (overnight is $49). When I asked about other options, I wasn't given any. For future travelers, you should know that on the weekend there is street metered parking, which becomes free after 5 or 6pm.
-When we asked the doormen which direction the metro station was, they discouraged us from taking the metro and advised we take a taxi instead. Again, for future travelers, it's a very short walk and the DC metro is very clean and easy to use.
-Our friend who was part of the wedding party, sent out a shirt to be pressed. It didn't come back on time, which made for a lot of stressful phone calls to the front desk inquiring about its location. The shirt was returned just in time, but this is something that should have been resolved faster.

A note about weddings here...
For those interested in weddings at the St. Regis DC, I would recommend it. The wedding ceremony was outside in a lovely, gated courtyard and made for an intimate gathering. The reception was in the ballroom and was decorated beautifully. There was a dance floor and plenty of space for the live band.

In conclusion, we enjoyed our stay and the complimentary cake pops obviously left an impression on ours kids, because they asked when we can stay at a St. Regis again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautifully written, thorough review of our property. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “grand and well-appointed” guestroom and the delicious food that you enjoyed from the St. Regis kitchen. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “lovely” wedding facilities, including the exceptionally beautiful Astor Ballroom. Please know that the issues you raise concerning certain aspects of your experience at our property are absolutely being investigated and will be rectified in due course. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I hate to be picky, but the dining room said they had no "go" cups to take my wife some tea. Also, the toilet paper holder in our room was in the way and the mattress needed replacing. Couldn't find an ice machine any where. Otherwise, one of the doormen was very helpful. This hotel is beautiful. With a little work it could be worth the prices and the Starwood system.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “beautiful” aesthetic and the service you received from our “very helpful” doormen. Please know that your feedback regarding aspects of our restaurant and your guestroom, respectively, is being investigated and any outstanding issues will be rectified in due course. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.