“Great as always”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #23 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had to quick trip to DC for a meeting and once again enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis. The staff is wonderful. From the bellman to the person who checked me in to the staff in the bar. A wonderful time and I look forward to staying there on my next trip to DC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words regarding our “wonderful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed several times at the St Regis, and each time am greeted by a smiling pleasant staff and made to feel as if I am back home. Comfortable stylish rooms. Outstanding central location. Good food and drink on site. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: So far no bad room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “comfortable, styling” guestroom and the food and drink served throughout our property, including in our restaurant Decanter by Sebastien Rondier and the newly renovated St. Regis Bar. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “smiling pleasant” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Roms

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wonderful stay. Room was a little dark, but otherwise great amenities and details. Plus the front desk is great! I was upgraded a few levels and so my room was a bit bigger, which was certainly valued. Attached restaurant is also very good service and food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service provided to you by our “great” front desk team and the “very good service and food” at our signature restaurant Decanter by Sebastien Rondier. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is pretty average. The location is great, but the rooms are small and aren't laid out well.

On night two of our stay, we realized that my girlfriend's dress had been stolen out of her luggage. After tearing apart the room several times, we contacted management. They were dismissive and tried to make us feel bad for bringing this to their attention, stating that "things never get stolen here." She wore the dress to the hotel - it didn't just disappear. They clearly didn't believe us and went so far as to say that they would review the security tapes of our check-in to make sure she was actually wearing a dress.

It's very disconcerting to know that staff would rummage through belongings let alone steal an item of clothing. The way our concern was handled was personally embarrassing for us and really put a damper on an otherwise good trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geoff_trips
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are proud to have a veteran team of associates who take pride in performing their duties with integrity. We do not tolerate dishonesty at our hotel.

Our Director of Security oversaw a thorough investigation of the incident and shared the findings with you. I apologize if you feel that the situation has not been resolved to your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to call me to discuss this further.

Regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay & would certainly return. The room was spacious, very clean & comfortable. Very much enjoyed the luxurious bathroom, especially the TV in the mirror! Hotel staff was very friendly & helpful. A top notch property for sure. The team should be proud.
Great location too!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “spacious, very clean & comfortable” guestroom with its “luxurious bathroom.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “very friendly & helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you want comfortable luxury, a gracious and happy staff, and a beautifully appointed and comfortable room, look no further! We stayed for a weekend recently, and enjoyed every minute there. The staff weren't stuffy, but happy, friendly and eager to make your stay completely pleasant. we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “beautifully appointed and comfortable” guestroom and the service that you received from our “happy, friendly” and “gracious” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is definitely a good choice for a luxury stay in DC. My only complaint is that the rooms are humid for no apparent reason. I've stayed twice and had the same problem both times. Some fun perks are: Complimentary champagne at 6pm in the lobby, free shoe shine, morning newspaper of your choice, and TVs in the bathroom mirrors (at first I thought "why would you ever need a TV in the mirror?" but while curling my hair for the evening I found it to be a convenient feature). The bar offers classic prohibition-style cocktails and the staff throughout the hotel are friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience at our property, including our traditional champagne sabering ceremony that takes place every day at 6:00 PM in our lobby. I am also glad that you enjoyed your complimentary shoe shine, some of the classic pre-prohibition cocktails served at the St. Regis bar, and the service provided by our “friendly” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. Please note that your constructive feedback regarding your guestroom is being investigated and the issue will be rectified in due course. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!