“Excellence all the way around!”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #24 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived and James opened the car door, we felt relaxed. We are in the hospitality business as well and know all that goes on to make a wonderful stay happen. We appreciated the attentiveness of every staff member we interacted with during our visit. The check in process was simple and timely, the concierge was helpful with every detail and the food was extraordinary! They took special note to my pregnancy and adjusted the pre-fixe menu to accommodate "pregnancy needs". In addition to pairing my dinner with a non-alcoholic wine and cocktail so I did not feel left out for one second!

We highly recommend a stay and send our thanks to a staff that deserves to be noticed on many levels! It was an escape that was well needed and appreciated...thank you for making it happen.

• Stayed: September 2013
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “wonderful stay” at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “the attentiveness of every staff member” and especially your experience with our doorman James, our concierge and the staff at our signature restaurant “Decanter.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Definitely my new favorite hotel in DC- warm, genuine, service makes you feel like a person not a 'number'. By contrast, the Park Hyatt is very 'sterile'. Rooms are good but the staff make the difference. Room service was also better than most.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at your “new favorite hotel in DC.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “warm, genuine” service that “makes you feel like a person and not a number.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations - hard to do for a St Regis. It is elegant but warm, the staff pleasant and helpful and the room luxurious but "homey".
We went back to the concierge often enough that we felt apologetic in asking so many questions. Each time the information was beyond sufficient and delved into useful tips that we didn't even think about. Of course there is the time-honored tradition of champagne at 6:00 where the bottle is sabered open and the wine flows. This is clearly one of the elite hotels in the capitol boasting of a perfect location just steps from the white house and easy walks from all the landmarks. The new renovation keeps the original beauty of the hotel and provides new accents that are delightful. Breakfast was terrific, the omelet and eggs benedict done to perfection

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that your stay with us “exceeded your expectations.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “pleasant and helpful” staff, our delicious breakfast in our signature restaurant “Decanter,” the brilliant St. Regis champagne sabering tradition, and your “elegant but warm” and “luxurious but homey” guestroom. Thank you, especially, for your positive feedback concerning our brilliant concierge team. I look forward to the best address in the nation’s capital, The St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great stay. St. Regis service and comfort of course, as expected. The bartender at Decanter was one of the best guys I've seen - incredibly knowledgeable and skilled. Terrific service too.

The "Mint" gym was also a hit. St. Regis guests get to use the gym for free, from 5:30am - 10:30pm. That said, they could upgrade their house gym slightly so those of us who are jetlagged have something to do when we wake up at 2am...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “great” service and comfort that you expect from St. Regis hotels. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “terrific service” and especially your experience with “most knowledge bartender in DC” at the St. Regis Bar. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am frequently in DC and have stayed at a wide variety of places. None of them compare to the quality of the service and the overall experience at the St. Regis. It is a true delight every time. Excellent bar, fantastic restaurant, terrific rooms and exemplary service. Don't know what else a guest could ask for. Over the last 4 years I have not stayed anywhere else when I was in town. Go there, you will love it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the incomparable St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “excellent” St. Regis Bar, “fantastic” Decanter restaurant, “terrific rooms” and, especially, our “exemplary service.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Outstanding hotel and our new favorite in Washington. Location is ideal, rooms are exquisite, and service excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend the St. Regis to anyone travelling to Washington.

Room Tip: Use the TV in the bathroom mirror!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “exquisite” guestroom and the “excellent” service provided to you by members of our team. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying 2 blocks from the White House. It is always nice to go out for a walk around national monuments and historical buildings. I don't know whether its the DC attitude and constant horn honking but I found this 5 star hotel lacking in the superior service I expect with such a ranking. The decor was old world and charming but the service in the front lobby was mediocre at best. I give kudos to the maid an turn down service - very personable and kind. The front desk could learn a lesson or two from them on hospitality. Upon check-in I was told my room was upgraded, I gasp thinking what my room would have been otherwise. Our room was next to the elevator - which is my only special request and they apparently didn't pay attention. The view...was of the HVAC/AC system - no wonder the curtain only opened half way. Location is phenomenal but overall not worth it in my book.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wblessed

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our turn down service, “phenomenal” location and “old world and charming” décor. Please know that the constructive feedback you provided regarding other aspects of your stay is being investigated. Thank you very much for bringing these issues to my attention. I hope to welcome you back to our property in the future for a superior stay.

Regards,