“What else would you expect”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Top notch....first class......5 star. Normal things associated with the St Regis. This was my second time there. I took my family and we stayed in a suite; wow....with a butler. Full disclosure; I was on a discounted rate from a family connection. The service was superb and the staff were phenomenal. The front desk manager chatted with us a bit upon check in and and then sent up a bottle of wine and a cheese plate compliments of the house. The bar tender had been there for 40 years and had some great stories. Awesome experience!

Room Tip: Have the Bloody mary at the bar....very unique
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your “awesome experience” at the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “superb” service delivered by our “phenomenal” staff. I am also glad to read that you liked our signature bloody mary at the newly renovated St. Regis Bar, featuring some of the best bartenders in town. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Exellent location (just a couple blocks from the White House) with good service and a very pretty lobby. Our room was big and very reasonably priced over Labor Day weekend.

If we'd been there on business or just to sightsee, it would have been very good but we were hoping to enjoy the hotel itself and we didn't. There was no rooftop or ground floor terrace or outdoor space of any kind and no pool. (Of course it was our fault for assuming there would be something available outside, but it's worth noting for others who might assume based the hotel's luxurious brand name. Most hotels in the area are an attraction in and of themselves or at least have outdoor spaces to enjoy.)

The building was remodeled recently but they kept the old-school vibe. I found that underwhelming once I got past the lobby. It didn't help that our 5th floor, odd-numbered room had a terrible "view" of the alley and mechanical stuff so avoid that area.

The room and hotel were immaculate but I didn't care for the shower at all. It only had one setting and you couldn't move the shower head so water got all over the floor.

The bed was nice and the room had plenty of outlets. We ordered an in-room movie that didn't work but an engineer came to fix it quickly. I was surprised that we couldn't cancel the movie and pay to start it over so we could see the whole thing, but -- when prompted -- the engineer agreed to remove the charge since we'd missed about 15 minutes.

Valet parking was $49 for the night which I suspect is similar to nearby hotels. Wi-fi was free in the room and worked with Netflix.

The lobby bar is terrific and very popular.

Room Tip: Probably avoid odd-numbered rooms. We had an ugly "view".
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our “excellent location,” “very pretty lobby” and “terrific and very popular” St. Regis Bar. I also appreciate your kind words regarding the cleanliness and size of our guestrooms and the superior quality of our service. Please know that your feedback regarding the shower in your guestroom and the aesthetic of our property is being investigated. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel at some point in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Caroline Astor Suite for our one years anniversary and it was amazing. We very much enjoyed the room and the excellent service that was provided to us. The tea and coffee service was great and I very much appreciate that the coffee was brewed in a French press. The hotel also provided us with a gift for our anniversary which was very thoughtful and appreciated!

The hotel made us very relaxed when we were inside and we very much liked how convenient the hotel was to everything. Im platinum with Starwood and I would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your “amazing” anniversary stay at the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your guestroom and the “excellent service” that was provided to you by our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington, DC.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked St Regis for two nights for family trip to DC. Due to the time of year, we received a discount. It was a great stay. The service was very attentive and friendly. We had a slight delay in getting access to one of our rooms and the hotel provided a nice bottle of wine and handwritten note as an apology. We valet parked our car and it was relaitively easy to get access to it if we needed it. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated and quiet at night. We ate breakfast one morning and it was pricey (but so are all hotels) but our server was extremely helpful with our kids' demands for hot chocolate, etc. The portions were huge and everything was done right. The hotel is well situated to see DC musems, White House, etc. My only complaint is that there is an extra charge for WiFi in the rooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your family trip to the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you had a “great” stay at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our location and, especially, our “very attentive and friendly” service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. Please know that your note regarding our WiFi service is being investigated. Thank you for your helpful feedback! I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The St. Regis was a much needed break from a busy week of meetings and recuperating from an ankle injury.

What I loved about this hotel was receiving the VIP treatment from every single staff member I encountered. As soon as my taxi pulled up, one of the doormen, James, welcomed me by name and escorted me to the front desk where Ann at the front desk made sure I had the perfect room (i.e. quiet room, upper floor). Then Isaac escorted me and my bags upstairs ( I may be getting these names sideways) giving me a short history of the hotel and a full review of how everything in my room worked, temperature control, closet contents and how how to work the 'in mirror' TV.

I stay in DC often and I believe this is the most convenient hotel I have stayed at so far. Just 1.5 blocks from metro station (McPherson Sq) and about 3 blocks from the White House. Yet it was very quiet in the evening. And I enjoyed the "Welcome Back" when I returned from meeting or a walk.

There is a nice work out room on the property, but if you are looking for more equipment, they have an arrangement with a huge facility across the street (adjacent to the Capital Hilton) which is accessed from the street and has everything else you could need.

Beds were very comfortable (the turndown service in the evening made that special too) and shower was divine, great water pressure.

Highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure and many thanks to staff who made me so welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful, thorough review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your guestroom’s “very comfortable” bed and “divine” shower. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding James, Ann, Zak and the “VIP treatment” that you received from “every single staff member” that you encountered. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington, DC.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The St. Regis Washington DC is located about one block North of the White House, and centrally located to many of the historical sites in DC. The hotel is well appointed, with large, very comfortable and quiet rooms. The lobby ceiling is stunning, and a must see!

Most importantly, for any traveller, great service is the most important part of any hotel experience, and the St. Regis Washington DC provides absolutely great service. From the moment one arrives, they are greeted by their very efficient bell staff, who are very welcoming. The reception staff is very pleasant, courteous, and helpful. This hotel even has a Cultural Attaché, who can assist even the most frequent DC visitor with discovering new and exciting things to do in DC.

Their new restaurant, Decanter, is amazing not only because the food is delicious, but also because the entire restaurant staff is attentive and professional. The wine director is gracious, engaging, and extremely knowledgeable about all of the wines, and knows how to pair the perfect wines with your meal. As an anecdote, our flight arrived three hours late at 12:15 am from San Francisco and we were very hungry. After checking-in at the hotel, we asked if we could get a bite to eat, but did not want to eat in our room. The staff in the hotel Bar was very accommodative (even thought they were ready to leave) and provided us with food and drinks, and most impressively, stayed until we finished our meal.

Great hotel, awesome staff and service! Thank you.
Bravo!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you had an “awesome” experience at our hotel and enjoyed its “large, very comfortable…quiet” rooms, “absolutely great service” and “amazing” new restaurant “Decanter.” Thank you especially for your kind words regarding Alex Gruhin, the St. Regis Washington DC’s Cultural Attaché, and Orcun Turkay, our Director of Beverage. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, The St. Regis Washington, DC.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My recent stay at the st. Regis was great. It is close to all the local attractions. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. I plan to return. I have never had a bad experience at one of there properties.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our excellent location, “close to all the local attractions,” and “extremely friendly and helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to our property.