“...Let Me Count The Ways”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The St. Regis was a much needed break from a busy week of meetings and recuperating from an ankle injury.

What I loved about this hotel was receiving the VIP treatment from every single staff member I encountered. As soon as my taxi pulled up, one of the doormen, James, welcomed me by name and escorted me to the front desk where Ann at the front desk made sure I had the perfect room (i.e. quiet room, upper floor). Then Isaac escorted me and my bags upstairs ( I may be getting these names sideways) giving me a short history of the hotel and a full review of how everything in my room worked, temperature control, closet contents and how how to work the 'in mirror' TV.

I stay in DC often and I believe this is the most convenient hotel I have stayed at so far. Just 1.5 blocks from metro station (McPherson Sq) and about 3 blocks from the White House. Yet it was very quiet in the evening. And I enjoyed the "Welcome Back" when I returned from meeting or a walk.

There is a nice work out room on the property, but if you are looking for more equipment, they have an arrangement with a huge facility across the street (adjacent to the Capital Hilton) which is accessed from the street and has everything else you could need.

Beds were very comfortable (the turndown service in the evening made that special too) and shower was divine, great water pressure.

Highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure and many thanks to staff who made me so welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful, thorough review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your guestroom’s “very comfortable” bed and “divine” shower. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding James, Ann, Zak and the “VIP treatment” that you received from “every single staff member” that you encountered. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington, DC.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The St. Regis Washington DC is located about one block North of the White House, and centrally located to many of the historical sites in DC. The hotel is well appointed, with large, very comfortable and quiet rooms. The lobby ceiling is stunning, and a must see!

Most importantly, for any traveller, great service is the most important part of any hotel experience, and the St. Regis Washington DC provides absolutely great service. From the moment one arrives, they are greeted by their very efficient bell staff, who are very welcoming. The reception staff is very pleasant, courteous, and helpful. This hotel even has a Cultural Attaché, who can assist even the most frequent DC visitor with discovering new and exciting things to do in DC.

Their new restaurant, Decanter, is amazing not only because the food is delicious, but also because the entire restaurant staff is attentive and professional. The wine director is gracious, engaging, and extremely knowledgeable about all of the wines, and knows how to pair the perfect wines with your meal. As an anecdote, our flight arrived three hours late at 12:15 am from San Francisco and we were very hungry. After checking-in at the hotel, we asked if we could get a bite to eat, but did not want to eat in our room. The staff in the hotel Bar was very accommodative (even thought they were ready to leave) and provided us with food and drinks, and most impressively, stayed until we finished our meal.

Great hotel, awesome staff and service! Thank you.
Bravo!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you had an “awesome” experience at our hotel and enjoyed its “large, very comfortable…quiet” rooms, “absolutely great service” and “amazing” new restaurant “Decanter.” Thank you especially for your kind words regarding Alex Gruhin, the St. Regis Washington DC’s Cultural Attaché, and Orcun Turkay, our Director of Beverage. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, The St. Regis Washington, DC.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My recent stay at the st. Regis was great. It is close to all the local attractions. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. I plan to return. I have never had a bad experience at one of there properties.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our excellent location, “close to all the local attractions,” and “extremely friendly and helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to our property.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

In trying to make a choice traveling with a teen daughter there are certainly "hipper" properties, but none more dedicated to service and comfort. Plus location right by the White House is a key for any out of towner.

Lovely deluxe room, best shower on our entire weeklong trip, great amenities. 3rd floor room was very quiet. Room service breakfast swift and good.

A terrific stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. Our team is certainly “dedicated to service” and we are delighted to have provided excellent service to you and your daughter accordingly. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “lovely,” “very quiet” guestroom, “great” amenities and breakfast served through our private dining service. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

From the old world charm and amazing rooms to the sincere friendliness and competence of the staff, this was my favorite hotel experience in 10 years! The lobby is gorgeous, the restaurant delicious, the rooms impeccably clean, the water pressure in the showers above average, and the staff were knowledgeable and warm. I can't wait to return!

And the location was perfect for all we wanted to do!

Room Tip: I was a bit skeptical being next to the elevator...but wasn't disturbed once (and am a light sle...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karl M
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extraordinary review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that your experience at our hotel was your “favorite hotel experience in 10 years.” Thank you, especially, for highlighting the “sincere friendliness and competence” of our “knowledgeable and warm” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis Hotel. Staff and service is superior!! They do not disappoint, from the front desk, the wait staff, housekeeping and the butler service. Everyone is very attentive to detail and making your stay a memorable one. We've stayed in DC before, but not at the St. Regis. The quality and service is unmatchable!! We also had our mini- schnauzer with us, as the hotel is pet friendly(extra cost). Again, staff was very welcoming and accomodating to our puppy. In regards to the room, room service and the restaurant, the food and service was excellent!! and the room elegant and clean. In regards to the location, excellent!! 2 blocks from the White House and other exhibits close around...no complaints about the St. Regis only good memories....

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “superior” staff and “unmatchable” service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We loved the location of the St. Regis you are steps from the White House and all the great sights of DC. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I give the hotel 5 stars for the location clean rooms and elegant feel you expect from the St Regis!

1  Thank Katie D

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, only “steps from the White House.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “clean” rooms and “elegant feel” and am glad to know that your experience at our property lived up to your expectations. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.