“Classic service and extra comfort”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #22 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Seattle, Washington
“Classic service and extra comfort”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

In trying to make a choice traveling with a teen daughter there are certainly "hipper" properties, but none more dedicated to service and comfort. Plus location right by the White House is a key for any out of towner.

Lovely deluxe room, best shower on our entire weeklong trip, great amenities. 3rd floor room was very quiet. Room service breakfast swift and good.

A terrific stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. Our team is certainly “dedicated to service” and we are delighted to have provided excellent service to you and your daughter accordingly. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “lovely,” “very quiet” guestroom, “great” amenities and breakfast served through our private dining service. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2013

From the old world charm and amazing rooms to the sincere friendliness and competence of the staff, this was my favorite hotel experience in 10 years! The lobby is gorgeous, the restaurant delicious, the rooms impeccably clean, the water pressure in the showers above average, and the staff were knowledgeable and warm. I can't wait to return!

And the location was perfect for all we wanted to do!

Room Tip: I was a bit skeptical being next to the elevator...but wasn't disturbed once (and am a light sle...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karl M
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extraordinary review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that your experience at our hotel was your “favorite hotel experience in 10 years.” Thank you, especially, for highlighting the “sincere friendliness and competence” of our “knowledgeable and warm” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis Hotel. Staff and service is superior!! They do not disappoint, from the front desk, the wait staff, housekeeping and the butler service. Everyone is very attentive to detail and making your stay a memorable one. We've stayed in DC before, but not at the St. Regis. The quality and service is unmatchable!! We also had our mini- schnauzer with us, as the hotel is pet friendly(extra cost). Again, staff was very welcoming and accomodating to our puppy. In regards to the room, room service and the restaurant, the food and service was excellent!! and the room elegant and clean. In regards to the location, excellent!! 2 blocks from the White House and other exhibits close around...no complaints about the St. Regis only good memories....

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “superior” staff and “unmatchable” service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.

Lake Forest, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We loved the location of the St. Regis you are steps from the White House and all the great sights of DC. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I give the hotel 5 stars for the location clean rooms and elegant feel you expect from the St Regis!

1 Thank Katie D
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, only “steps from the White House.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “clean” rooms and “elegant feel” and am glad to know that your experience at our property lived up to your expectations. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.

Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have stayed at many other hotels in DC and the St. Regis beats them all. When you factor in all elements: location, service, amenities, luxuriousness, and quality, there is nothing that beats this hotel. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. On our most recent stay, in fact, it was priced very reasonably, maybe because it was mid-August and an unbearably hot weather month for Washington. We love the location -- a couple blocks from the north end of the White House. The hotel is very close to bus, and metro stops. Very good value, if you factor in all elements. Some of the rooms have bathrooms with very limited counter space -- that's about the worst thing I can find to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms do not have a good view. Seems to me that the west side rooms would offer the bes...
1 Thank Wolverinemom12
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the “best” hotel in the nation’s capital, The St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our property’s location, service, amenities, “luxuriousness” and overall quality. Please know that your feedback regarding limited counter space in your guestroom’s bathroom is being investigated and the issue will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for choosing our property. I look forward to your return.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

From the second I booked the room I had a feeling this was going to be a good experience. I was wrong, it was the best experience and hotel I’ve stayed in for quite a while. The customer service was superb from the second the doors were opened for me when I first arrived. The staff were amazing and the room was incredible. I will always stay at the St. Regis when I visit DC. All the staff at this hotel should be commended. From the individuals opening the doors to the front desk and housekeeping, This hotel knows how to stand above the rest. And that didn't even include the location. Steps away from my office and walking distance to trendy areas and main site-seeing attractions. I don't think you can really go wrong by staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Eric M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that our property is the “best” hotel in which you have stayed for “quite a while.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “amazing” staff and “superb” customer service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

St. Regis is definitely a 5 STAR hotel; they are definitely there to serve you and get you WHATEVER YOU NEED and most things you want! You don't have to open a door; you don't have to get ice; you don't have to iron, you don't have to turn your bed back; the room service was excellent! food was top quality; I love St. Regis! I am a walking commercial for them; only issue is, if you don't have tip money, you may feel guilty, but the service is definitely worth it! We had neighbors, but didn't know it; rooms are very very quiet; pillows were really soft. This hotel is the cleanest I've seen; tons of chandeliers, but no spider webs or dust anywhere!

Room Tip: Room 715 was great;
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelKing9011
Dear Guest,

It was our distinct pleasure to serve you! Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC and for your kind words regarding our exceptional service staff. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “5 star” quality of your experience at our property. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington DC.