“Great location & Friendly Staff”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Lake Forest, California
“Great location & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We loved the location of the St. Regis you are steps from the White House and all the great sights of DC. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. I give the hotel 5 stars for the location clean rooms and elegant feel you expect from the St Regis!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie D
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property, only “steps from the White House.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “clean” rooms and “elegant feel” and am glad to know that your experience at our property lived up to your expectations. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have stayed at many other hotels in DC and the St. Regis beats them all. When you factor in all elements: location, service, amenities, luxuriousness, and quality, there is nothing that beats this hotel. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. On our most recent stay, in fact, it was priced very reasonably, maybe because it was mid-August and an unbearably hot weather month for Washington. We love the location -- a couple blocks from the north end of the White House. The hotel is very close to bus, and metro stops. Very good value, if you factor in all elements. Some of the rooms have bathrooms with very limited counter space -- that's about the worst thing I can find to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms do not have a good view. Seems to me that the west side rooms would offer the bes...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wolverinemom12
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the “best” hotel in the nation’s capital, The St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our property’s location, service, amenities, “luxuriousness” and overall quality. Please know that your feedback regarding limited counter space in your guestroom’s bathroom is being investigated and the issue will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for choosing our property. I look forward to your return.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

From the second I booked the room I had a feeling this was going to be a good experience. I was wrong, it was the best experience and hotel I’ve stayed in for quite a while. The customer service was superb from the second the doors were opened for me when I first arrived. The staff were amazing and the room was incredible. I will always stay at the St. Regis when I visit DC. All the staff at this hotel should be commended. From the individuals opening the doors to the front desk and housekeeping, This hotel knows how to stand above the rest. And that didn't even include the location. Steps away from my office and walking distance to trendy areas and main site-seeing attractions. I don't think you can really go wrong by staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Eric M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that our property is the “best” hotel in which you have stayed for “quite a while.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “amazing” staff and “superb” customer service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

St. Regis is definitely a 5 STAR hotel; they are definitely there to serve you and get you WHATEVER YOU NEED and most things you want! You don't have to open a door; you don't have to get ice; you don't have to iron, you don't have to turn your bed back; the room service was excellent! food was top quality; I love St. Regis! I am a walking commercial for them; only issue is, if you don't have tip money, you may feel guilty, but the service is definitely worth it! We had neighbors, but didn't know it; rooms are very very quiet; pillows were really soft. This hotel is the cleanest I've seen; tons of chandeliers, but no spider webs or dust anywhere!

Room Tip: Room 715 was great;
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelKing9011
Dear Guest,

It was our distinct pleasure to serve you! Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC and for your kind words regarding our exceptional service staff. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “5 star” quality of your experience at our property. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

When you check into a hotel, the front desk is where you get your 1st impression. They felt they where better then me, and I am the quest. Checked in at 3:00 PM and was told that my room was not ready but they would call me when it was. I gave them my cell phone number and waited, no call. When I went to the front desk to check at 4:30PM I was told, why yes it has been ready since 3:05PM. Asked why I did not get a call. Was told that it was not there job. There are a lot of great Hotels in DC I am not coming back.

1 Thank Benjamin D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. Your feedback regarding our front desk staff is being investigated and any issues will certainly be rectified in due course. I humbly ask that you return to our property for a second stay, so that you may be able to enjoy a superior experience.

Regards,

Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

From the moment we approached the hotel and the door was opened by a gentleman with a smile welcoming us to the hotel, we knew we were in for a treat. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and helpful while being extremely professional. The rooms were elegant with Bose music, luxurious bed and pillows, and a sparkling bathroom with a great walk-in shower. The restaurant was elegant and the quantity and quality of food were excellent at a reasonable price. We felt pampered the entire weekend and will definitely return. In fact, we've already recommended to our friends that they stay here to rest and relax. An added bonus is it's locale right in the heart of DC near the White House.

2 Thank Diana402013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “elegant” guestroom with its “luxurious bed” and “sparkling bathroom.” I appreciate your kind words regarding members of our staff – from the “welcoming” doorman to the “friendly and helpful” front desk agents. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

La Plata, Maryland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

As a frequent traveler (80+ flights, 120+ hotel nights per year...), I am one of the many voices that laments the death of service in what were "service" (or believe it or not, "hospitality") industries. That being said, there are also frequent occasions where I come across exceptions to the race-to-zero mentality, and the St. Regis certainly fits that bill.
My wife and I visited for a weekend getaway to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, and I am happy to report that we selected an exceptional venue. I was contacted by our concierge, Alex, about a week in advance of our stay and I informed him of our special event. We were delighted when we entered our room and saw a wonderful gift from the hotel to help us celebrate - a terrific surprise. Beyond this outstanding gesture, we also were pleased with the overall demeanor of the staff and level of service throughout - from the valet, to the bellmen and the servers in the restaurant. The room was terrific as well, but ultimately what set this experience apart from the other stays was the service.
St. Regis as a brand continues to deliver exceptional service regardless of location, I can only hope they continue to in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your first wedding anniversary celebration at our property, that your room was “terrific” and that the service you experienced was “exceptional.” Thank you especially for your kind words regarding our valet, bellmen, servers in our restaurant “Decanter,” and Alex Gruhin, the St. Regis Washington’s Cultural Attaché. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in our nation’s capital.

Warmest Regards,