$107
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$283
$239
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$135
$119
Kimpton
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$130
$115
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$170
Dupont Circle
$112
$99
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$159
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$233
$207
$180
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $326/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Capitol Hill
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

1,382 results
All reviewsbutler servicewhite housemetropolitan suitechampagne saberingjean francoisbathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelturn down servicetwo blocksroom serviceconcierge deskupgraded roomk streetfour seasonsthe entire staffupon checkhay adams
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great Location and Small but Cozy Rooms

While traveling home for the Christmas holiday, my connecting flight at DCA was cancelled, resulting in an unplanned overnight in Washington DC. When my flight was cancelled, I immediately went to the SPG website to determine my hotel options. I have visited DC numerous times in the past and have stayed a the Four Points, Westin (City Center and "Georgetown"), The Fairfax and W. I had not stayed at St Regis due to the cost. Fortunately, the St Regis was priced reasonably at $235 for night, no special discounts needed.

The St Regis is two blocks from the McPherson Square Metro subway station (orange and blue lines) and two blocks from the Farragut North station (red line). I was able to travel from DCA to the hotel in under 30 minutes. The hotel is also two blocks from the White House

The check-in process went smoothly and I was initially assigned a room on the second floor, which was disappointing as I prefer higher floors, but didn't say anything as I was getting a last minute room. Fortunately, the front desk double checked the room availability before coding my room key and was given a room on the fourth floor. The room on the higher floor was greatly appreciated.

The room felt very rich and i was quite impressed with the chandelier in my room. For a single traveler, the room was a good cozy size. For multiple travelers, the room may feel a little cramped. A large built-in consumed an entire wall and provided lots of storage space, minibar and television. The Bose alarm clock was useful in charging my iPhone.

The bathroom was ample in size and contained a double vanity and shower. I was surprised at the lack of a bath tub. I normally do not take a baths, so the lack of a tub was not an issue. The shower was nicely tiled but I did not like the bath products, especially the smell.

I found the immediate area around the hotel to be very quiet. I am not sure if this is normal as my stay was the day before Christmas Eve. More lively areas such as DuPont Circle or Foggy Bottom are only a 15 minute walk away.

Although unplanned, my stay at the St Regis was quite pleasant and relaxing.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Washington. I am glad to read that we were able to save the day with a “rich” and “cozy” hospitality experience on the heels of a flight cancelation! I am delighted that the front desk was able to assist you with a smooth check-in. We are proud to have the finest staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I hope that you choose the St. Regis on your next trip to our nation’s capital.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is hands down the new standard of a 5 Star Hotel. This hotel is extremely well located within walking distance to the White House (literally just down the street), smack dab between your choice of 2 subway stations, and of course across the street from the essential Starbucks. This boutique hotel has alot of history (thanks to Monika L.) and is proud of its non Monica history. Take special notice of the painted wood ceiling of the lobby, and the antique grandfather clock sitting inconspicuously by the main entrance. The room itself is wrapped in luxury. Heavy fabrics for the upholstory and window coverings set the tone for the room. The Chandelier above the bed announces the guests as being royalty. Built in wall unit housing the TV, drawers, closet, fridge is practical and a good looking essential piece to the room. It is a pleasure to spend the evening in room for room service dinner and a movie. Washington is a walking city and to come home to the St Regis is pure luxury when you collapse on the bed.

Special props to Ms. Concierge who was not only very helpful in giving instruction to Whole Foods, but was instumental in calling Brooks Brothers to open the store off hours *for a special guest needing a scarf*. Nice touch!

We cant stop thinking of our return. This hotel made the weekend trip special.

Room Tip: im sure they are ALL good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Washington and for your wonderful review! The St. Regis Washington team works tirelessly to be the epitome of a 5 star hospitality experience and I genuinely appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The location of this hotel is super convenient because it is right by the White House and it gives you easy access to some greats restaurants and activities near by. The rooms in the hotel were beautiful and there are also kids activities that the hotel offers such as a scavenger hunt. My family and I always received a friendly greeting every time we returned to the hotel and our rooms were always clean and stocked up with whatever we needed. The St. Regis is an excellent hotel and a great choice for anyone staying in Washington DC.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Washington for your family vacation! I am delighted that you enjoyed the St. Regis’ official family scavenger hunt, part of the unique St. Regis Washington “Family Traditions” program. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding your “beautiful” and “always clean” room and look forward to welcoming your family back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, luxurious, but also cozy. It's in a great location (and a Starbucks is across the street!). The service is incredibly prompt, courteous, and sincere. The concierge, Lida, was particularly wonderful; our kids loved checking in with her to tell her about our adventures.

Our room was large and cozy. The large, heavy drapes seemed overwhelming. When we opened the windows we discovered that they were hiding the rear of several buildings, vents, and a rickety old shack. Thank goodness we were a few floors up, so it was easily overlooked. During our stay, I heard several people complain about their "view". We did not spend much time in our room, so it didn't matter to us. If it matters to you, make sure you request a street view.

We took a cab to the monuments and walked back to the hotel. The cab was cheaper than taking the metro. Everything is within walking distance, but it is several blocks. Wear comfortable shoes. The daily parking fee is extremely reasonable. It's best to leave your car in hotel garage.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. However, we left something in the room and they could not locate it when we tried to retrieve it. The item was unimportant, but for a hotel with excellent service, I was surprised we didn't get it back.

I would recommend this hotel, as long as you have a big travel budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view, if you don't want to look out over a back alley.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “beautiful, luxurious” property and the “prompt, courteous and sincere service” provided by our extraordinary St. Regis team! I am delighted that our Chef Concierge Lida was able to enrich your family’s experience as well. We are proud to have the finest staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I hope that you choose the St. Regis on your future trips to Washington DC.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had our daughter's wedding at the St Regis in DC over St Pat's weekend - FANTASTIC place and staff!!!
Did the planning long-distance and everything down to the smallest detail was "spot-on", nothing was missed. Alicia and Hector are the best!
From the monment we arrived on Friday until we left on Monday we were treated like family. I can't imagine that there is a better Bellmen staff, especially Caleb, in DC. They took special care to ensure our needs (cars, buses, luggage...) were taken care of.
Highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to have an elegant wedding and be treated special. There Guys Are Good!!!

1  Thank James S

Dear Guest,

We are delighted your daughter’s wedding was a fantastic success. Our team is dedicated to creating wonderful experiences for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.