“A class act!”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Many hotels and service providers talk about taking care of the customer. Most of the time it is just lip service. The St. Regis is the real deal. From the valet parking to the porters to the check-in staff to the room manager, Ammar Samad, everyone is friendly, dignified, and courteous. It takes a few minutes to realize that it is for real. The hotel is spotless and is sumptuous to behold. My room was an oasis- clean, quiet, very well built- I wish I had such solid construction and such a well-set up bedroom at my home. There is an arrangement with the health club across the street- Mint- which lends all the comforts of a resort to a stay at the St. Regis. Room service is available 24/7 and there is a wonderful lounge and bar downstairs- right in the heart of DC. I plan to make this my hotel of choice whenever I visit DC.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear about your wonderful experience staying with us. As St. Regis employees, we truly love what we do and hope that it is apparent to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home upon your return to D.C.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed August 23, 2012

From the moment the valet attendant opened my door I felt like I was the President of the United States. My luggage was not allowed to be carried by me and I wasn't able to open my own door. As I entered the lobby, I felt like I was in a bubble of pure class and elegance. The Front Desk staff have got to be some of the warmest , nicest, professional group of people I have ever encountered in my travel ventures. I NEVER go out of my way to take the time to write reviews but this is very much deserving. I was greeted by Hanna, who did her beat to assign me to the best room possible, she was very friendly and genuine. Her partner saved me a glass of wine an they escorted me to the elevator. When I entered the room I was in heaven!!! Soooooo CLEAN and elegant, 2 minutes layer I received a call from Hanna asking me if everything was OK, I told her that this has been one of my best experiences ever. The shower is huge, water pressure was great, my how shower so refreshing. I came down to the lobby and went to the bar where I had the BEST Hamachi and DUCK I have ever had. This place is the Gift that doesn't stop giving!!!!!! When in doubt, stay at St.Regis DC and look for HANNA.

• Stayed: August 2012
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased to hear such positive praises about our hotel and staff. In addition, I am very appreciative that you took the time to share your comments. We look forward to your return the next time that you are in Washington, D.C.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I used to always stay at the same hotel in Washington DC and recently had to search for an alternative location. I found the St Regis Washington DC Hotel. Since I have stayed at the hotel on my last 3 trips to DC. The location is perfect, the rooms are luxurious and the bar is second to none, in particular Khaleed, truly a barman par excelence. The reception staff, particularly Kristin, are truly a delight and the most helpful I have encountered. This is my my new DC home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for thinking of us as your home away from home and for being a loyal St. Regis guest. We look forward to your stay with us the next time you are in Washington.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

St Regis has its name and fame obviously but what we experienced here was really over the top. We booked an Astor suite and we got placed on the top floor which looked very nice, but it was facing another building's roof on which a very noisy air-conditioning system was installed so it made it close to impossible to sleep without ear plugs. The next morning I went to ask for another option and by the end of the day we got another, even bigger suite, facing the city, with no extra charge - now, this is what I call a great customer care and service.... Everything else was also perfect, from the laundry to the breakfast, and I have to mention the funny champagne sabering sharply at 6 pm at the lobby....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you were able to experience our employee’s attentiveness to your wishes and needs. We sincerely hope to see you again during a future stay with us.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Elegant surroundings, nice rooms, superior service, and so conveniently located....close to amenities like our favorite coffee, fine dining, pizza parlor, and various transportation services. AND a fifteen minute cab ride to Reagan National. We were very pleased with our choice to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear your positive praises regarding your recent stay with us. I hope that you will keep us in mind next time you are in the nation’s capital.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel probably deserves an above average rating, however, because the St. Regis brand tends to provide excellent service, I was disappointed. The positives are the amazing location of the property, the lobby bar, restaurant, and lobby/common areas. Another positive is the property has a contract with a very nice gym across the street (free of charge to guests). On the negatives, the staff is both un-trained and unprofessional. Multiple (at least three) seemed to have NO idea about restaurants, metro locations, or other basic information about the surrounding DC area. I also found the staff a bit rude. When I pulled up to the hotel, I was NOT greeted by the valet or the doorman, the greeting by the front lobby staff was poor, and nothing about the hotel or my room was explained to me. When I booked the room through the SPG website (I am Gold status), the website indicated that I would have full butler service, as is customary in all St. Regis properties. I arrived at my room, called the butler service, and ordered coffee. I was very frankly told only the suites had butler service. The room was outdated, musty, and even a bit dingy. I was unimpressed with my stay and will stay at another SPG property during my next visit to DC.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bob6104
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am so sorry to read about your experience. The St. Regis prides itself on delivering personalized service to all of our guests. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you and to offer my personal apologies for the service that you received in residence. I may be reached at ammar.samad@stregis.com or 202.638.2626. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recently stayed at the St Regis, DC. The staff were very accomodating to say the least. When we arrived we were escorted to a Superior Room. We had reserved one of the Metropolitan Suites and were very unhappy. We called down to the front desk and were told they would get back to us momentarily....and they did exactly that! They changed our room and sent the bellhop right back to retrieve our bags. We were impressed. The concierge desk was also quite helpful in arranging dinner reservations and mapping out the metro to local museums and moments. It didn't hurt that the St Regis is only 2 blocks from the White House! The only downside was the butler service. They really didn't do much as far as service goes. The turndown service was below par. They left bottled water only on one side of the bed. There was one mint left on the nightstand..looking as if it had been just tossed there. We stayed three nights, but only rec'd turndown service on two and no mint or water on one of them. Sub-par for sure. Overall, though, the hotel was very nice and the room was spacious as was the bathroom with garden tub and shower. We would definitely stay there, again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rosanne L
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that overall you had a nice experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will take immediate action to ensure that our turndown service is consistently better than what was unfortunately delivered to you during your stay with us. I apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations and hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Warm Regards,