1,403 results
All reviewsbutler servicewhite housemetropolitan suitechampagne saberingjean francoisbathroom mirrorbeautiful hotelturn down servicetwo blocksroom serviceconcierge deskupgraded roomk streetfour seasonsthe entire staffupon checkhay adams
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel probably deserves an above average rating, however, because the St. Regis brand tends to provide excellent service, I was disappointed. The positives are the amazing location of the property, the lobby bar, restaurant, and lobby/common areas. Another positive is the property has a contract with a very nice gym across the street (free of charge to guests). On the negatives, the staff is both un-trained and unprofessional. Multiple (at least three) seemed to have NO idea about restaurants, metro locations, or other basic information about the surrounding DC area. I also found the staff a bit rude. When I pulled up to the hotel, I was NOT greeted by the valet or the doorman, the greeting by the front lobby staff was poor, and nothing about the hotel or my room was explained to me. When I booked the room through the SPG website (I am Gold status), the website indicated that I would have full butler service, as is customary in all St. Regis properties. I arrived at my room, called the butler service, and ordered coffee. I was very frankly told only the suites had butler service. The room was outdated, musty, and even a bit dingy. I was unimpressed with my stay and will stay at another SPG property during my next visit to DC.

3  Thank Bob6104
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am so sorry to read about your experience. The St. Regis prides itself on delivering personalized service to all of our guests. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you and to offer my personal apologies for the service that you received in residence. I may be reached at ammar.samad@stregis.com or 202.638.2626. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recently stayed at the St Regis, DC. The staff were very accomodating to say the least. When we arrived we were escorted to a Superior Room. We had reserved one of the Metropolitan Suites and were very unhappy. We called down to the front desk and were told they would get back to us momentarily....and they did exactly that! They changed our room and sent the bellhop right back to retrieve our bags. We were impressed. The concierge desk was also quite helpful in arranging dinner reservations and mapping out the metro to local museums and moments. It didn't hurt that the St Regis is only 2 blocks from the White House! The only downside was the butler service. They really didn't do much as far as service goes. The turndown service was below par. They left bottled water only on one side of the bed. There was one mint left on the nightstand..looking as if it had been just tossed there. We stayed three nights, but only rec'd turndown service on two and no mint or water on one of them. Sub-par for sure. Overall, though, the hotel was very nice and the room was spacious as was the bathroom with garden tub and shower. We would definitely stay there, again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rosanne L
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that overall you had a nice experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will take immediate action to ensure that our turndown service is consistently better than what was unfortunately delivered to you during your stay with us. I apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations and hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have just returned from a one week stay at the St. Regis in Washington, D.C. To say that the service I received at this property was outstanding would be an understatement. The flawless service began at check in and was consistent throughout my stay. Everyone on the Staff was knowledgeable and helpful and made extra efforts to assist with all of my requests, no matter how small. The diligence and dedication demonstrated by the employees at the St. Regis is evident the moment you enter this magnificent property.

The St. Regis Washington is rich in architecture history. It is evident that no expense was spared in the restoration of this Grande Dame of Washington. The Hotel projects an atmosphere of its importance in history. Now sensitively restored, the Hotel's renewed elegance and modernity complement the grandeur of the property as never before. The St. Regis Washington’s lobby has been carefully restored and refurbished to its original elegant architectural style.

The rest of the property is in pristine condition, gloriously restored to its original grandeur but with all of the modern enhancements you would expect. The enhancements complement the meticulously restored hotel. The rooms and suites are equipped with all new furniture, fixtures and artwork capturing the historic characteristics of the original Carleton Hotel in a classic, yet modern way. Of course the rooms have every amenity you would expect including a Bose radio featuring an iPod Sound Dock, a DVD player, a high definition, flat screen LCD television, wireless internet service, cordless phones, and wonderful beds with Pratesi linens.
The bathrooms were not neglected in this glorious renovation. They are adorned with mosaic tiled walls and custom brass fixtures. There is even an LCD television built into the bathroom mirror. The bathroom amenities are typical high end St. Regis with numerous large plush large bath towels, Reméde bathroom products and those wonderful St. Regis bathrobes. My room had a large spacious tiled standing shower with the best water pressure I have ever experienced as well as a large soaking tub.

When staying at this property treat yourself to dining at Adour. You will instantly know why this casual but elegant restaurant is regarded at one of Washington’s finest. I’m sure you will have a memorable dining experience; similar to the one’s I had.

I highly recommend this property without reservation. Expect to be pampered. You may not want to leave!

1  Thank leemd1

Dear Guest,

We are honored by the wonderful accolades you bestowed upon our hotel. We strive to create the type of service that you experienced from our associates for all of our guests. We hope that you will consider our hotel your home away from home. Thank you again for the wonderful note.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. It was my first stay at a St. Regis property and I was not disappointed. The property itself is in a great location, just a short walk to the White House and the national mall. The staff was very friendly.

My room was gorgeous. There was an amazing chandelier above my bed. The shower was outstanding.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful note. I hope that your business trip went well and that you were able to experience some of the nearby sights. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Best position to visit the National Mall. In the summer breezy evenings We enjoyed a walk to Dupont Circle for dinner. Room superior, front desk people just a little bit cold. The service provided was eccelent as well as the furnishings.
Mini bar well filled even if the prices were quite high.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were able to visit nearby DC landmarks. We greatly appreciate your feedback and I will follow up with our Front Desk Team as it is our goal to create a warm and memorable visit for all of our guests. We look forward to your return visit.