“Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #19 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Ringgold, Georgia
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

After reading the other reviews, I thought I would share my take on the St. Regis in Washington, DC. The location could not be better. It is at 16th and K St, NW. It is two blocks from the white House. It is a smaller hotel and definitely a business hotel. By that, you should not be expecting a resort in the middle of a large city like DC. It is clearly purposed for business travelers. Having said that, I have to say that the staff here was fabulous. To me, the staff always makes or breaks a hotel stay. Ms. Schofield, the GM, and her entire team went out of their way to make my stay exceptional. Delayed one day by powerful storms that hit DC the night before my arrival, many of the staff did not have power in their own homes. Yet, they still came to work with a smile, ready to see how they could make me more comfortable. My suite was excellent and clean. My Butlers, Donna and Denise were outstanding in delivering my french press coffee coffee, twice a day, at the exact time requested. But the front desk staff is what most impressed me. Ammar and Lida were great at taking care of issues that I needed with the concierge desk. Brian was up all night to help me if I had a late night or early morning need. Kristen was just beautiful to see whenever I walked through the lobby, and what I could say about Norberto and Andrei is endless. When my cell phone was lost, both sprang into action to help me any way possible. Andrei always asked me if I needed anything when he saw me coming or going. Norberto had a smile that could light the moon and they both "get it" when it comes to knowing that elusive quality of timing. They read me so well in knowing when I was in a hurry and could not stop and chat, and when I was exhausted and needed a pick-me-up. It really is almost a boutique hotel, big enough to serve, yet small enough to know. In a town know for gridlock, they paved the way for a smooth start and finish to my busy days. It is for all of this that they are to be commended, and I am to be a future guest when back in the Nation's Capitol! And to my friends who have posted other reviews on the coffee. The business hotels, in the St. Regis fleet, usually do not keep coffee makers in the rooms. Butler service can and will bring you coffee whenever you make a request. With any suite, it is complimentary. Keep up the good work Ms. Schofield.

Warmly,

Dr. Jim Barrett
Ringgold, GA
USA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JimRinggold_Georgia
KSt20006, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Dr. Barrett,
It was an absolute pleasure for our associates to meet you. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. I have shared your wonderful note with our staff and they were very grateful to receive your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Rancho Cucamonga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here for location for trip to DC. Have experienced St. Regis in California (Dana Point) and this is not even close to the experience I am used to at a St. Regis. This compares to an average hotel stay, nothing special. Left bag in car called to have car brought up to retreve bag, it was forgottan and had to make second request. Staff is polite and concierge was helpful but I miss the resort feel and entertainment at my home St. Regis. Could not dine at restaurant due to special event, they informed us upon arrival, should notify prior to ensure this does'nt intefere with customers plans. This was like staying at a Sheraton, nothing special except location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lkcare
KSt20006, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry that you were not notified of the restaurant closing and for the delay of the luggage delivery. I have taken action to ensure that we are more responsive in the future. If I may be of any further assistance please contact me directly.

Sagamihara, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had a great five night stay here. Tried to save some money by parking on the street - just make sure you move it by 7am if you are parking right across the street from the front door...there is one sign that does not say "no parking from 7 to 9:30 because it's rush hour (or something like that)" and that was where I parked, thinking I'd be okay (and not noticing that other signs had it)...and was in for a surprise the next morning. Bellman told me he saw my car being towed up the street and ended up paying 100 for the parking ticket and 100 for the towing fee. So in the end I still saved 50 since hotel parking is 50/night! Anyway there is plenty to do around the hotel. Metro stations (plural) are nearby. Hotel has a nice classy feel. I've stayed at St. Regis in Singapore and Beijing and this one is definitely not up to par with those. That being said, I would say a lot of the Starwood hotels stateside do not compare to their similarly branded hotels abroad. Hotel room was good; however, I didn't like how whenever I got into bed the bed rolled about...yes I am a little overweight but I don't want to be reminded :) Bear in mind that I wasn't jumping into bed either. I did like having the TV in the bathroom mirror. I haven't stayed in many other Starwood hotels in DC but the Fairfax had a bigger room than this one. Across Georgetown the Le Meridien Arlington is a gem, and in Alexandria the Westin is great as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bevmark
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that overall you had a great experience. We routinely check with our neighbor hotels to ensure that our parking prices are competitive. We will continue to do that to ensure valet parking rates are competitive with the area. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to your return visit.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We booked this hotel for our 8 day stay in Washington D.C. . We were sorely disappointed, the room was extremely small and lacked the basic amenities I would expect from a St. Regis. They didn't even provide a coffee machine or cutlery. Even more upsetting was the fact that when we first arrived, we didn't have any change to give the doorman a tip for carrying our baggage from our taxi to the front desk and he promptly dropped our luggage, glared at us and walked away. After that incident the doorman were very unfriendly and unwilling to help us. Be prepared to give a lot of tips for the staff, when they call a cab, or bring something up. However the location was excellent with many good restaurants and landmarks nearby.

You would be better of staying at another hotel for half the price of this expensive, average hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Klemense L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am disappointed that we did not deliver a St. Regis experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure we improve the service. We are committed to deliver the best hotel experience to all our guests. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience. Once again I am sorry for the way you were treated and I look forward to speaking with you.

Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

For a brand that is suppose to be known for exceptional service, it sure was lacking. The only smile from a staff member I remember was the doorman. The room was nicely appointed but definitely on the small size. The tv in the bathroom mirror is a unique touch. For the price tag, there are much better hotels in DC. This hotel did not live up to the St Regis name........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vuguru
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. We are indeed committed to delivering exceptional service at the St.Regis DC. I would like to obtain some additional information about your stay. At your convenience, please allow me the time to speak with you directly. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a beautiful property; however, I found the rooms to be small and the bathrooms to be smaller. Also, when I arrived the air conditioning wasn't working in my room. I reported it and it was repaired by the time I returned after my evening event. On the good side- the staff is very nice and professional. The bar was wonderful and we had a good late night dinner there. Perhaps my expectations for the St. Regis brand are a little high but I think this property needs to push itself a little bit to get my top ratings.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jerry C
, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide very detailed feedback. I am disappointed to read about your experience. I have addressed the concerns you raised with our team. I would also like to speak with you and obtain additional information at your earliest convenience. I can be contacted directly at ammar.samad@stregis.com Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Four nights in May with premium linens...

They did forget to make up our room one day though...

Our coffee and continental breakfast arrived on time and hot every morning...

Our room was a little smaller than I had expected, but the bathroom was great with the walk in shower, what a lovely jewel of a hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JBT2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful note. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to your next visit very soon.