“Don't believe the photos.”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #25 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The rooms are very, very small. It's a cracker box.

• Stayed: November 2011
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that we did not earn your loyalty. I would like to speak to you in person at your earliest convenience. I may be reach at 202.638.2626 or by e-mail at ammar.samad@stregis .com I look forward to connecting with you.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was our first stay in a luxury hotel in the U.S. after staying in luxury hotels in Asia for a few years, so some expectations-adjustment on our part is probably in order. That being said, the St Regis Washington was a nice way to ease ourselves back into being Stateside, and we would certainly choose to stay at this hotel again.
We spent a long weekend at the property, with husband in town for meetings and wife and now-older kids for sightseeing. The hotel is well-located for the major sights and is housed in a stately historic property. Our room (which was ready for us) was beautifully decorated but not spacious, although city hotel rooms rarely are.
The excellent service makes this hotel a standout, as it always does at St Regis properties. The doormen were friendly, courteous and knowledgeable; the concierge efficient, professional and attentive with his follow-up calls to us regarding some arrangements. It was exceptional that the hotel managed to provide us with a peaceful stay with no lapses in service despite the numerous IMF receptions going on throughout the weekend (including one down the hall from us) and the requisite wedding.
The only disappointments were the absence of a bathtub (shower only), slippers, and day shades. Our room faced the street and our only lighting options were closing the heavy drapes to sunlight, or leaving them fully open to the building across the street. The typical white sheers behind the drapes would have been welcome.
Our visit was otherwise enjoyable and we certainly look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that our team exceeded all of your expectations. I would be happy to note all of your preferences for your future stays. Please feel free to contact me directly at ammar.samad@stregis.com . Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The service was professional and excellent at all times. Great rooms and decor. All the touches you expect from a 5 star hotel. Nice location in the District.

Really liked the free garment pressing service. My suit was wrinkled from the plane. This was a life saver!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that our Butlers and our team exceeded all of your expectations. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at the St. Regis last year with our toddler son and had absolutely phenomenal service from point of entry to exit. Everyone was most accommodating and as one might guess, traveling with a toddler is not always easy. The front desk was quite kind and the restaurant helpful in allowing us to eat while our room was readied (we arrived early). The room itself (Astor suite) was fabulous and quite spacious. Extremely clean which is most important to our family. We can't wait to stay here again - during the month of December. Thus far the staff has once again been enormously accommodating and helpful as we arrange our upcoming stay. Can't say enough great things about the quality and service of this establishment.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you and your family experienced phenomenal service during your visit. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring that our guests have memorable experiences when they stay at The St. Regis, Washington D.C. Thank you again for your wonderful post. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed at the St. Regis for a few days while spending a long weekend in DC. The hotel has a great location, just two blocks north of the White House, and just a few minutes away from the Mall, the monuments, and museums. There are a lot of great (and expensive) restaurants in the area, but not as much to do at night than if you stayed in an area like Georgetown. There are bars and clubs within walking distance to this hotel, but I've seen more nightlife during my previous visits to DC, when i stayed in the Georgetown area.

I booked a room for $400 a night and was a little disappointed by what I got for my money. The room was well furnished but very small. The room was furnished with a king sized bed in the middle of the room. Along each side of the bed was a night stand. In one corner of the room was a work desk, on the opposite wall was a cabinet containing a large flat screen TV. Along the wall at the foot of the bed were two chairs. With the bed taking up the majority of the room and all the furniture up against the walls there wasn't enough room in some places for two people to squeeze by each other. The room did have a large bathroom, with marble countertops and twin vanities, and a very large mirror. The best part of the mirror was that you could watch TV (using a small part of the mirror not the whole thing) while you got ready in the morning. I found it very useful as I watched the news (traffic, weather forecasts, etc) as I was shaving. There is a large shower that is recessed into a wall, which had a transparent glass door. The glass door does not go all the way to the ceiling so the heat from the shower has plenty of room to escape so it doesn't fog up. One of the most useful items I found in the room was the full length mirror in the walkway, so you can do one last check before you head out the door. I wish more hotels incorporated this into their rooms.

There is a bar and restaurant, called Adour, in the lobby of the hotel. But prices for entrees at the restaurant were over $40, you could get a better deal and better prices at restaurants around the block. I never ate at the restaurant but it appeared that everyone inside was dressed up in at least a suit. In the basement they have a gym, conference rooms, and a ball room.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. One evening they saw me taking pictures of the area and provided recommendations of nearby sites with lighting to assist with my photographs. They always had someone at the door of the lobby to greet you with a smile.

I enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis and would come back again, but overall I don't think I got the value for my money. There are other better hotels that charge the same price, just a block away.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your experience and will return. Our rates do vary depending on the length of stay and the day you are arriving. We do offer special packages which you may enjoy. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while in DC on business. It was conveniently located close the the Farragut West metro station and near the White House. The room was very comfortable, clean, and decorated well. I liked the spacious shower and TV in the mirror of the bathroom. However, I was dissapointed at the fitness factility. It did not fit a large size, luxury hotel. Whenever I went to use the treadmills, they were always taken (there were only 2). The room did not include the basic staple of a free weight rack and a bench, which is standard in any hotel facility and does not take up much room. The room did have one of those cable contraptions that allowed for some use if weights. Even though there was not a lot of equipment, it took up the entire room, so there was also no room to stretch. (You can have access to a better facility....for a fee of $15 per day.) The room was very nice and the staff was very professional and helpful, but I will be staying elsewhere on my next trip to DC. This is a great hotel if you aren't interested in working out.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always exploring opportunities to improve our fitness facilities. In the mean time I would like to speak to you in person and offer you some options which may better support your fitness needs. I may be reached at ammar.samad@stregis.com or at 202.638.2626. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here once before a couple of years ago and weren't really impressed considering the expense of staying here, but I must say that the current St. Regis has really changed my mind.

We arrived on a Saturday with the requisite wedding reception in full swing and even with all of the extra people to attend to, the staff was easily on top of everything. The hotel had plenty of extra people on had at the door and in the lobby at all times to assist with arrival/departure luggage, etc.

As is becoming standard in all hotels these days, the room wasn't ready when we arrived. A claimed 15 min wait turned into a couple of hours in the bar waiting for the promised cell phone call to alert us our room was available. We never did get the promised call, as also seems to be common hotel practice these days, however, the bar staff was gracious enough to check on it for us and let us know it was available.

The bar is itself cozy and elegant. A great place to hang out for a quick drink or two. The drinks are top-notch, and well-prepared. I'm always impressed when a bar takes the care to have a decent rye on hand to mix a proper manhattan rather than having to resort to bourbon. A detail perhaps, but again, one that has not been overlooked in the desire to provide exceptional service to its patrons.

Tried the signature Ardour bubbles and pearls as well, but the cointreau pearls don't really add much. Save the extra $4 and just get the prosecco if you're into bubbles. You won't be disappointed.

Our suite was generously sized and elegantly appointed as you would expect form a hotel of this category. The suites came with the St. Regis butler service to help you with everything you need from a quick press to get the wrinkles out of your clothes before dinner to bringing you a much needed coffee service - all included with the cost of the room. While we didn't need a lot of attention since we were only in town for dinner, the butler took care of all of our needs quickly and efficiently. Thanks!

With the exception of the missing call, the rest of the service throughout the entire stay was first rate, and no detail or desire was too small to be attended to. This is the way a 5-star hotel should be run and we look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Splurge and book one of the suites with the butler service.