“No showers in the gym”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #19 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Stockholm
“No showers in the gym”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is a grand hotel, very classy. And the service is great, the concierges really helped me find a shop that had the Ipad2 I wanted. I arrived with a very early flight, for a conference that started the same day at the hotel. I fully understand that I could not get my room, the hotel was full. But I had expected there to be some showers somewhere, at least in the gym. But the only showers are the ones in the rooms. I had to freshen up in the toilet. The room was absolutely beautiful, and very spacious.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently exploring opportunities with our fitness facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

The rooms and facilities are very nice, the staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the location is great. Stayed here for a few weeks on a project in DC and was very grateful to get to enjoy this lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We are delighted that both our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

great location, nice rooms, would stay here again. i liked the tv in the mirror in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted we have earned your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great Location, very charming, very clean. I really liked the hidden TV in the mirror. The beds were super comfy and the sheets were very nice. Loved our stay!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank melilee1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to your next visit very soon.

california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Best hotel we have stayed at in a long time. We really got a kick out of the TV in the bathroom mirror! Loved our butler, she brought my daughter fresh fruit every afternoon when we got back from sightseeing. Love the restaurant and bar. We will be back. Thanks so much for an incredible stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lisatraveler0220
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We are very fortunate to have wonderful Butlers that take great pride in serving our guests. In addition, we are delighted that you had a terrific experience at our signature restaurant adour. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I went with my parents at the end of July, partly to celebrate my graduation from college. I was very excited for this trip. I had been looking forward to staying at the St Regis. The valets were very nice however they were difficult to understand. Then the gentleman at the check in desk was very rude. He treated us very poorly and gave us a terrible description of our choice of rooms. When we got to our room and looked out our window, our "view" was of a brick wall and air conditioners. One of our beds was a pull out couch for which we did not have pillows. They had to go get pillows for us. The sleeper sofa was also terribly uncomfortable (and this is coming from a girl who can sleep pretty much anywhere). The best part was the tv in the bathroom mirror. Also the gentlemen who eventually got us the extra pillows for the sleeper sofa mentioned that they always put chocolates on the pillows when they turn down the beds. We never experienced this. I know that it's a little thing, but I can't help but wonder why we didn't get any. We were paying for the same service as everyone else. Overall I found this hotel to have the most horrible service I have ever experienced. I always knew people in DC were rude. I just didn't think that was how hotels were toward paying customers...

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to read your experience. We take pride in delivering uncompromising and bespoke service and we certainly did not deliver that to you and your family. I would like to speak to you at your earliest convenience. I may be reached at 202.638.2626 or by e-mail ammar.samad@stregis.com.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was my first stay in DC and at any St Regis hotel. The lobby is magnificent and very well decorated. I stayed in the Metropolitan suite which has a lounge and bedroom. It was lovely decorated, luxurious, had plenty of room and comfy. My only gripe is that there was no low table to put a large suitcase on like you get in some hotel rooms. The suite is oddly shaped as it is an L shape with the hallway connected to the lounge then the bedroom at the right angle from the lounge. The view was just of the road at the front of the hotel but it was nice having windows on two sides of the bedroom.
The fixtures and fittings are very luxurious and the bathroom and shower is great. I especially liked the mirror TV! The suite TVs were great with a good selection of channels some in HD.
Service wise, the staff were friendly and helpful. I had free water during my stay and a basket of fruits. The in room private dining was great, the pancake breakfast and salmon lunch were delicious. I did not get a chance to try the Adour but if you do stay here I recommend the restaurant across the road. I had an amazing lunch of lobster mac and cheese.
Even though the location is very central, the room was quiet and well sound-proofed. There are three subway station nearby and it is with walking distance to the Whitehouse.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great stay and our staff ensured all your expectations were met. We hope to serve you again in the very near future.