“An exquisite hotel with a truly excellent staff”

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Ranked #24 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I arranged for a number of international travelers and I stay at the St. Regis to attend a State function in DC in late January 2011. Our travel happened to coincide with a blizzard, and while DC is beautiful in the snow, it is horribly dysfunctional for ground transportation once the first snowflake drops. Located within minutes walking distance of the historic National Mall area we were in an ideal place to be snowed in. The building is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable and functional, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. The in-hotel food options aren’t cheap, but are delicious, and there are a number of external options nearby. The St. Regis takes a high-end international approach to guest services and satisfaction that is rarely seen in U.S. hotel chains; they obviously take pride in their guests’ comfort and happiness.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
KStreetDC, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback. The inclement weather this year highlighted the extraordinary commitment of our associates to our guests. Even during that period our staff ensured the highest levels of services to our guests. We are delighted that your experience was of the highest quality. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I fly about 300,000 miles per year and spend more than 100 nights per year at hotels. In each city, i try all of the top hotels until i find the one that works best for me. And in DC, the St. Regis is the best. The rooms are new and very comfortable -- especially the suites. The location is perfect -- right in the middle of DC. There are a number of good restaurants within a short walk. And the breakfast room is terrific. Most importantly, perhaps, because i travel so much, i look for a hotel that humanizes the place -- and makes it feel like a second home, not a cold, heartless machine. The staff at the St. Regis are wonderful. They have gone out of their way for me time after time. For example, i once flew in from London for a meeting and was leaving that evening. I needed a room to shower in -- and they just gave me one and wouldn't even charge me. They upgrade me as often as possible. And the front desk manager -- Ertug Ersoy -- is just a terrific person. In addition to the other staff, he makes me go back to the St. Regis again and again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jono5028

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are honored that you consider our hotel the best Washington, D.C. has to offer. Our staff prides itself on ensuring that our busiest travelers are offered seamless and personalized services for every visit. We are fortunate to have Ertug Ersoy as our Front Desk Manager. He is an asset to our team. Thank you again for your kind words we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

My two night stay at the St Regis was as expected...serene and elegant. The location just down from the Hay Adams and a straight shot to the White House, combined with its proximity to K Street, make it the perfect business location. The hotel was very quiet haven in a very busy location. The lobby was always quiet, empty and peaceful, with attentive staff at every turn. The rooms were in typical St Regis style. A great choice for a DC business trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that our hotel complimented you visit to Washington, D.C.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis Washington, D.C. very soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

For luxury, location and european palace ambiance, this hotel is the best. We booked 2 rooms for 5 nights as we were in town to check out universities for our oldest as well as sightseeing. We booked through the starwood website and got a great deal. $377 per room per night for $820 rack rate rooms. The staff was very friendly and professional. The doorman always inquired about our day. The rooms were very well done. Very nice bed and linens. My only complaint would be a lack of closet /drawer space. There is no real closet, rather they have a large built in which covers the length of one wall and houses the tv, mini bar, 3 small drawers with a shirt sized closet above and a small coat sized closet. We had a view of "K' street and it was very quiet. The bathroom while quite small had a nice size shower (no tub) and a mirror with built in tv. Only problem we had was with the connecting door. They had a deadbolt lock on each side which security had to unlock after we checked in. Unfortunately you have to wedge the doors to keep them open with the draft pillow, and one morning the door shut behind me when I went to wake up my children. Security had to come up and use a special tool to let me back into my room as there are no key locks on the back side of the door and my main guestroom door was still bolted shut! We had room service quite a few times and the food and service were excellent. Prices were high, but the quality was worth it. Dinner in their dining room was expensive but excellent. Concierge was very knowledgeable. Taxi's were readily available 24/7. Location cannot be beat. Only 2 blocks to the white house and the memorials, mall and smithsonian are within walking distance. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Georgetown last visit but we definitely liked The St Regis better. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and with our wonderful staff. Please feel free to e-mail me directly and I will ensure that we notate all of your preferences for future visits (ammar.samad@stregis.com).

I wish you and your family the best of luck in selecting a university for your oldest.

We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

The room was outstanding and the whole family was comfortable. Location is perfect, central to everything in DC. The welcome was very nice and the kids were thrilled. Mr. Ersoy at the front-desk and the Concierge were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
KStreetDC, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review you posted. We are fortunate to have associates like Ertug that take pride in ensuring our guests receive personalized service. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

I was setting up a trip for one of my best friends for her and her significant other for a romantic get-a-way, i recommended The St. Regis, Washington DC. I have stayed there in the past and always have had a great stay. The staff was very attentive, especially the concierge staff (Lida and Alex) that were following up on transportation that had been set up for an airport pick-up. They made sure the room was ready upon their arrival and that all the details of their stay was flawless. They are truly professional concierge! Thank you so much for making their stay impeccable!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughtful review. We are delighted that your romantic retreat was exceptional. Lida, Alex, and the rest of our Concierge team do a tremendous job of creating wonderful memories and experiences for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St.Regis Washington D.C.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed for three nights mid-November. I was initially drawn to its location being near the White House and to the offices of the company I had meetings with. On the Monday my meetings only started at 3pm so I got my complimentary newspaper, grabbed a coffee at Starbucks across the street from the hotel and easily walked down to the Lincoln Memorial via White House and sat on the steps reading the paper. It was also easy distance to walk to Georgetown in the evenings. The area right around the hotel was not as lively as I thought it would be but as Georgetown was so near it was not a real problem.

The hotel: From the moment I arrived I knew I had picked the right hotel. Great feel to the lobby, beautiful room,. There was no real view from the room but this did not bother me. The bathroom was very modern, the shower huge and with high end amenities (including slippers and bathrobes, face moisturizer from Remede). I didn't understand the point of the tv in the bathroom mirror but I could tell they were making efforts to be modern.

My room had a writing desk, two big closets, a sofa, bed, flat screen tv and a dvd player. I didn't get to try the restaurant but on my next visit I will...

The downstairs business lounge was very good and complimentary. I checked in and printed my boarding passes for my flight home easily. I dealt with two different concierges during my stay there and both were wonderful. When trying to book my transport to the airport I was given the choice between a hotel transfer or the hotel calling a taxi company and was told the taxi would be MUCH cheaper. So I booked the taxi who came on time and with a very pleasant driver.

I almost don't want to say how much I loved this hotel in fear that next time I go back, it will be booked up!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank CosSwitzerland
KStreetDC, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your Experience at The St.Regis, Washington D.C. We are very fortunate to have the city’s best address, rooms, and a wonderful Concierge Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.