1,359 results
All reviews micro hotel rooftop bar lincoln memorial bunk room rooms are small pizza shop breakfast pizza cool vibe foggy bottom kennedy center awesome hotel national mall loved this hotel whole foods dc area boutique hotel parking garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel Hive was a little less expensive than a few other hotels in the neighborhood. I chose it for that reason and because of positive reviews. My room was a cute space and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The hotel staff was very welcoming and helpful. However, I have a need for some counter space around the sink when I'm getting ready. There was a sink in the tiny room with the bed, and no ledge or counter around the sink. The queen bed filled up the room, with very little room to walk or to put a suitcase. There is no closet, but hangers do hang well enough on a bar that pulls out of the wall. The shower stall was attractive, but the shower head provided a sparse spray compared to water pressure I find in most hotels. If I were in my 20's I may think the cuteness of the room outweighed the limitations. In the future I will opt for a room that I can walk around in and that has counter space and more space to set an open suitcase. When a few dollars matter though, this hotel and its' great staff could be a fun option for someone with little need for space.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
BrynaMHive, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Maren B,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. I'm glad that you appreciated our value drive pricing without having to sacrifice a clean room or comfortable bed. With our micro concept, our rooms are admittedly smaller than traditional properties but are grateful for your notes on storage as we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your honest comments and thank you again for choosing Hotel Hive while visiting DC!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Today as I was traveling DC with my girlfriend, we came across the Hotel Hive location and decided to visit the rooftop bar. The location is great and the vibe is amazing and cozy. What made the visit so memorable was meeting Ali and Moude as their personalities definitely make the stay worthwhile. They introduced us to a their variety of beers, and gave a us a very hospitable welcome and departure. I would recommend coming here if your are simply staying at the hotel or nearby the area to see the great views from the rooftop or have a great drinking experience with some friends.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Skycruzz,

Thank you for sharing your review! I'm happy to hear that you and your girlfriend stopped by our Hive Bar to enjoy a drink. I'm glad that Ali and Mo were able to make your stay worthwhile, too. We'd love to have you back next time you are visiting!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not to mention that you can get pizza delivered, but Ali (the bar tender) is a boss and makes amazing recommendations based on what you like! Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a quintessential DC rooftop experience

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank AsteAse

Dear AsteAse,

Thanks for your review! I'm happy you enjoyed our rooftop bar and thanks to pizza and Ali's great service had an awesome visit. We'd love to see you back at the Hive soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’ve been to Hive Bar on the rooftop of the hotel several times and it’s always exceeded my expectations. Ali is a great bartender who takes care of his customers! I appreciate his charisma and kindness.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Hailey B

Dear hailey1477,

Thanks for sharing about your experience! I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed our Hive Bar several times and that your most recent experience was no different. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited to check out the roof top bar, and the front desk assistant Priscilla was very helpful with finding what me and my friends were looking for. The hotel has a cute and friendly vibe. Definitely recommend this place for a casual visit.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 978seany

Dear 978seany,

Thanks for sharing your review! I'm glad you had the opportunity to check out the rooftop bar and that Priscilla helped with some recommendations for you. We'd love to have you and your friends back for another visit when you're in the neighborhood!