“Mediocre food, passable service”
Review of Thai Chili

Thai Chili
Ranked #1,883 of 3,369 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed February 15, 2012

While Chinatown in DC has many restaurants, we have yet to find one that we really like. We tried this one even though its location in a shopping mall detracts from the Chinatown buzz. We are usually not deterred by empty restaurants, but in this case it was reliable sign. The food was passable at best, and given the prices and indifferent service, not very good value for money. Very much a single-visit restaurant.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I read the reviews on Thai Chili and thought I should try it out. But I almost changed my mind when I realized it was in like a mall food court. That wasn't what I was expecting. But I'm glad I gave it a shot. The food was very good. I had the dumplings as an appetizer and the Drunken Noodles for my entree. Both were delicious and the service was amazing! My water glass would get refilled after just 1/4 of it was gone. They were on top of it!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I eat lunch at Thai Chili at least once a month. It has fast service and a decent meal. I usually stick to the lunch specials which are a constantly rotating box style thai so you generally get a small egg roll or wonton type item with a small salad serving, rice and the main item. These usually run about $9. I have not ever had a bad experience here. I have only come for dinner once and I adored the Tamarind lamb also. Co-workers regularly enjoy the chicken fried rice and the three way salmon sushi. Only one word of warning, if you go on a weekday and it's a "holiday", there is no lunch menu. They only serve from their regular menu (translation - you will pay at least 50% more for lunch).

1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My wife and I stopped here before a Wizards game, and really enjoyed it. I had the Ka Prow Chicken. It was very tasty. They also have good drink specials.

1  Thank Darthharvey
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Tamarind lamb and pineapple chicken are very good.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook