Georgetown Hill Inn
$455
$341
$157
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$299
$295
$239
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$243
$229
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$227
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I don't know what's up with all the negative reviews on here, but I've stayed at the Georgetown Hill Inn several times and never had a problem. The rooms are large and stylishly furnished (think CB2 or West Elm). There's a kitchenette, a living room and even a jacuzzi in the bathrooms. The staff is friendly and the restaurant and bar downstairs are also very good. True, there's no daily maid service or elevator, but the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors, so it's not terrible. Honestly, I've stayed in hotels all over DC - from the Ritz Carlton to the Mayflower and while the Georgetown Hill Inn lacks some of their conveniences, it more than makes up for them with lovely, comfortable accommodations in a great location.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank stp047
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I have stayed here 2 or 3 times for business and it was fine. Reservations were honored, room was clean and well appointed, bed very comfy. Not the same level of service as a larger hotel with a 24/7 staff at your beck and call, but I did not need to be doted on. I needed a nice clean comfortable place to stay in that neighborhood, and it was fine.

Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank jjbill
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This "hotel" is not what it claims to be, or appears to be in the on-line photographs. The management is dishonest, aggressive and even frightening. The accomodations are closer to those of a youth hostel, rather than a hotel. The street noise from very busy Wisconsin Avenue is deafening. With so many good hotels struggling to survive, this "hotel" does not deserve to make it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank romanspirit
Reviewed July 10, 2009

While the hotel room itself was quite nice, this is one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel. I called the day before we arrived to confirm that we had the two bedroom suite reserved, which they confirmed we did. When we arrived we discovered they had given it away however, and with no apologies they could only give us two 1 bedroom rooms at $100 MORE a night. It was absolutely ridiculous, this is the least professionally run place I have ever stayed at. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, as you cannot rely on them.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank VoyageuseNYC
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I can't rate the rooms, since the hotel failed to honor a reservation I had. I had called at about 5pm to guarantee they would hold a late check-in for me at 9:30pm and they said yeah, yeah....I was relocated here by the Omni which was overbooked. When I arrived, the door was locked, and "Sergio" the manager looked surprised to see me. He said he didn't have any rooms left and I was a single woman traveling alone and my cab had left. He did nothing to offer to help me find a new room, and when I asked if I had spoken to him earlier when I called to let them know I was arriving for a late check-in, he said "I talk to a lot of people."

For those who want to stay in Georgetown, this is not in the heart of it. It is in Glover Park - I used to live in DC, and this hotel's web site is very, very kind. It is above a coffee shop, on a busy street. The other side of the street is a grocery store.

There are far better places to stay before giving these guys your money.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business