“Avoid it at all costs.” 1 of 5 stars

Georgetown Hill Inn
1832 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Ranked #133 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Louisville, Kentucky
“Avoid it at all costs.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

This "hotel" is not what it claims to be, or appears to be in the on-line photographs. The management is dishonest, aggressive and even frightening. The accomodations are closer to those of a youth hostel, rather than a hotel. The street noise from very busy Wisconsin Avenue is deafening. With so many good hotels struggling to survive, this "hotel" does not deserve to make it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank romanspirit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

While the hotel room itself was quite nice, this is one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel. I called the day before we arrived to confirm that we had the two bedroom suite reserved, which they confirmed we did. When we arrived we discovered they had given it away however, and with no apologies they could only give us two 1 bedroom rooms at $100 MORE a night. It was absolutely ridiculous, this is the least professionally run place I have ever stayed at. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, as you cannot rely on them.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank VoyageuseNYC

Travelers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Providence, RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I can't rate the rooms, since the hotel failed to honor a reservation I had. I had called at about 5pm to guarantee they would hold a late check-in for me at 9:30pm and they said yeah, yeah....I was relocated here by the Omni which was overbooked. When I arrived, the door was locked, and "Sergio" the manager looked surprised to see me. He said he didn't have any rooms left and I was a single woman traveling alone and my cab had left. He did nothing to offer to help me find a new room, and when I asked if I had spoken to him earlier when I called to let them know I was arriving for a late check-in, he said "I talk to a lot of people."

For those who want to stay in Georgetown, this is not in the heart of it. It is in Glover Park - I used to live in DC, and this hotel's web site is very, very kind. It is above a coffee shop, on a busy street. The other side of the street is a grocery store.

There are far better places to stay before giving these guys your money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank rhody2007
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

This hotel had horrible customer serice! We called and made the reservations about 3 weeks prior to arrival and they sent no confirmation. Upon arrival, we were told that the price that we had been quoted was not the price because they had "run out of those rooms" and we were forced to spend $50 more per night. The only reason we even booked this hotel was because there was a promotion going on with the rates and the website was advertising rates that the "manager," who we spoke to, said were not correct. This was the worst hotel experience of my life and I would not recommend this place to anyone. The location was ok, but not as close to Georgetown as avertised and the look of the rooms was typical. It was pretty clean, but the service, location and lack of amenities were not up to par.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank te3810
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

We enjoyed our stay in February. We were initially a bit concerned as it took a while to get confirmation of the booking in writing. However, all was well on arrival and we found the apartment stylish, very comfortable and in a great location. Bus, supermarket, restaurants were nearby and it was in a lovely location for walking around. The owners were very courteous and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
mhmgdocs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

I feel complete CHEATED by this hotel and it's middle-eastern owner. I also booked this hotel back in September for the Obama's inauguration, believing he would win the presidency.

I have a phone message confirmation for $153/night from January 18-21. I purchased $1000 worth of airline tickets based on these dates for my wife and i.

When i called to confirm with this owner, he fumbles about and can't to find my reservations. He then tells me they have a 4night minimum stay-- WHICH WAS NEVER EVER QUOTED TO ME back in September!

Becoming suspicious of a "bait and switch", i asked him what my night rate was quoted at and he tells me he doesn't know because his computer is not turned on.

He called me today....

1) He tells me that i am booke for the minimum of 4 nights from Jan 19-22nd (A COMPLETE LIE!!!!!)

2) He increases the nightly rate on me to $250!!!

This has completely ruined our trip!!! I can't afford this increased cost and will now need to cancel the entire trip, including the costly change fees associated with my airline tickets.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS CROOK!

I will be submitting a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mhmgdocs
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

Georgetown Hill Inn seemed like the perfect hotel for our three generations (suite with kitchenette) to travel to DC for the Obama Inauguration. I booked the hotel in October 2008 and received confirmation via email and phone confirmation number. Once I booked the hotel, I bought plane tickets. The day after the Election I get a phone call confirming my December reservation. The hotel was completely booked in January and was $300/night MORE than quoted. Then the owner offered up his cottage at his residence but haven't got a confirmation. I am VERY disappointed that a memorable time in our lives has transformed into a complete disaster. I am still searching for accommodations...

Stayed January 2008