“The long wait outside might have been a little too much for a cupcake.”
Review of Georgetown Cupcake

Georgetown Cupcake
Ranked #2 of 87 Dessert in Washington DC
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Norfolk VA
“The long wait outside might have been a little too much for a cupcake.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This isy second visit to the restaurant due to the desires of my lovely wife an her love for the sweets. The line outside was a little long and we've waited about 45 min but it went pretty smoothly. The greeter at the door made it so worth the wait. She was ver friendly and so informative about the business.

The cupcakes were tasty and were very colorful. I would not say that they were the BEST cupcakes I've ever ate but they were defiantly sweet and delicate in flavor.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cedar Point, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A dear friend excitedly got me a red velvet cupcake from here because she loves this place so much and stops by every time she is in the DC area. I am a red velvet snob, which is why it gets two stars instead of one, but the cream cheese frosting has a really strange artificial taste to it. The cupcake itself tastes about what red velvet cupcakes taste like when I make them with a boxed mix. If I had been told this came from a grocery store I would've believed it, and if someone had made it for me I would have suggested they change their recipe. I love sweets and am not a picky eater in general but I did not finish the cupcake if that says anything about it.

Scotia, New York
“It's a cupcake, get over it...”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were in DC for college visits over the 4th of July holiday and after dinner in Georgetown wandered down to check out the shop. The line was up the block but given the hype about the bakery we decided to jump in. The line moved quickly and we were in the bakery within 15 minutes. We picked up a dozen for $29 and headed back to the hotel. I will say our kids loved them, but what kid doesn't love cupcakes... I thought the cake itself was great, but not any better than I can get at a local bakery at home. And the frosting was just too sweet and heavy. The flavor combinations were interesting and my son loved the mint chocolate chip.

Harker Heights, Texas
“BEST CUPCAKE IN OVER 5 STATES”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is my favorite cupcake. Anytime I am in DC I will wait in line to get at least 2 cupcakes. I also even ordered them overnight but much more expensive but well worth it. If you are dreadful of the line, call the day before by 8p.m. or order online and then you can by pass the line.

Visited July 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“My Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My brother bought me these cupcakes for my birthday they are soo good the place was packed order ahead of time it smells soo good in there not many tables to sit and eat one though and too many people but worth the money i love the banana split one and i had lemon , key lime ,and i didnt get to try but a bite of strawberry but they all were scrumptious in my mouth yum !

Visited July 2013