“Very good cupcakes, not just TV hype.”
Review of Georgetown Cupcake

Georgetown Cupcake
Ranked #2 of 86 Dessert in Washington DC
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Erie, Illinois
“Very good cupcakes, not just TV hype.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

As viewers of DC Cupcakes, we had to visit Georgetown Cupcakes when we came to DC. While it wasn't the absolute best thing I've ever had, I certainly enjoyed each one I tried. Very moist, great flavor. Worth a stop! You can pre-order to avoid lines.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just OK - there I said it. Sue me”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Im a big fan of all things that fall in the dessert category. I love to bake and love to eat. And in my opinion - the red velvet cupcakery is waaay better than this one. This is good - dont get me wrong. just not something to die for. Not good enough to do justice to all the hype. Ive been here 5-6 times, and tried almost all their flavors. Sometimes I have had dry cupcakes from here which might have soured my experience there. A good cupcakery should get it right every time, dont you think?

1 Thank waltermelon76
Oxford, uk
“Tastes like nothing, so disappointed”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

On a visit to DC from the UK I really wanted to try their cupcakes.
Tried 6 flavours and was so disappointed. Tasted horrible lemon tasted the same a red velvet. They may look pretty but........
Please don't spend your money here!!!!! Terrible

1 Thank Kirsten S
Canton, Georgia, United States
“Cupcakes are OK”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We got through the line very quickly. They have a great setup with their team. They are prompt and get the orders right. The cupcakes looked beautiful, I wish I could say more about the taste. We got an assortment of 12 and they were OK. Nothing special and a little dry. I think this is more of a tourist trap than anything. It was fun to be there I just wish the cupcakes lived up to my expectations. Probably wouldn't go back.

1 Thank Kim M
“Great cupcakes!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had my order shipped all the way to Oregon and it got here within a day, which is pretty impressive, although I was not happy when I opened the box to discover the frosting was stuck to the top of the cupcake holder.

Over all, the cupcakes were great, the frosting on the Oreo flavored was perfect! Although the cake part was a bit dry on all the cupcakes, but the frosting was perfect.. Would I order again? Yes, It was worth the experience in my opinion.