“I've Had Better”

Ranked #2 of 98 Dessert in Washington DC
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is just your average cupcake place. I've had way better (Alexandria Cupcakes in Old Town). The cupcake was alright. We had the Vanilla Birthday cupcake and it was not as moist as most I've had. The frosting was super sweet too. We went at lunch time and it wasn't too busy but it wasn't worth going back for.

1  Thank naturehippie20
Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

It's cupcakes. Other than out-of-the-ordinary flavors, what can be done to make a cupcake special? They are pretty, I will say that. They tasted good but the hype obviously comes from the TV show and I got sucked in, too. If I were in the area, I would go back. I went out of my way when I went to D.C. March 2012, but when I return this March, I won't be going there. There is another cupcake place nearer to my hotel and I will try that one this time. I'll post a review on that one when I get back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went in early because for some reason they get really long lines. Got our cupcakes and sat down. The cupcakes were small compared to other cupcake shops(crumbs or alexandria cupcake) and not as moist. Not going back again.

1  Thank Husker4life1976
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This Bakery is featured on DC Cupcakes, on TLC. It's cute, with friendly staff, and the cupcake selection is off the charts! We tried the strawberry Champagne Cupcake with chocolate ganache. It's very close to Bethesda and all the fun shops.. This is A MUST STOP when you are in the area. One other thing is, we couldn't carry them all home, but we took a menu and they ship overnight to anywhere in the nation!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I didn't care to try the cupcakes before because of the price, but I went with some friends, because they kept talking about how good it was. After getting 3 cupcakes, 2 for me and 1 for my goddaughter, I now see what the fuss is about. There was a line outside. Due to the inside being small, only a certain amount of people can be in at a time to order. But the line moved fast and the staff was nice. I don't eat cupcakes that often but after eating these I would say they're the best I've had so far.