“Do it - you won't regret it - money well spent”

City Segway Tours DC
Small-Group Sunset Electric Bike Tour in Washington DC
Ranked #4 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. Take a guided Segway, Bike, or Electric Bike Tour or rent a bike to see the sites at your own pace
Reviewed January 6, 2014

(review based on three hour tour)
This was my first time on a Segway. Let me tell you, if you haven't ever tried your hand at a Segway before, definitely try it. They almost feel like an extension of your body after you briefly ride them. The operation is very natural and requires a very short learning curve. It is a great way to move around any city, quickly zipping past the people slowly walking to the next attraction.

All equipment was fully functional and seemed to be well maintained. The staff, from Jeff (Asst. City Operations Manager) at the front desk to Patrick, our guide, were A+ nice people and very professional. The company made you feel very welcome from pre-booking questions, booking, during training, mid-tour, and afterwards.

The groups are kept small and you have plenty of opportunities to ask questions to your personal guide. They also have wireless speakers mounted on each Segway and therefore its always easy to hear the narration of the guide, even if he/she is a bit far away at the moment. All stops at each attraction didn't seem rushed and the guide stays with your Segway while you tour the landmark at your leisure.

If this is your first time visiting DC, this is a great way to get an overview of the major landmarks. If you are a repeat visitor to DC, you will still find it very enjoyable. The experience of the Segway alone makes the tour worthwhile, even if you feel like you have seen all there is to see of the main landmarks in past visits. You also make the trip over to the Jefferson Memorial. This makes visiting it quite convenient. Many visitors likely skip the Jefferson Memorial due to it being a bit more difficult to access, away from the National Mall. However, it is no problem on a Segway. You reach it very quickly this way.

I could go on and on with further details. However, the point is, this will likely be one of the highlights of your visit. I unhesitatingly recommend it to anyone contemplating it.

There are newer reviews for City Segway Tours DC

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I'd firstly like to say, if you don't mind the outdoors, and you like trying something new, do yourself a favour and ignore the few bad reviews.

My girlfriend and I tried City Segway Tours for the first time today and we had a total blast. We booked the 3hr tour, and despite the snow, cold and wet weather we still managed to have a great time. When we arrived at the shop for our tour we found all of the staff very polite and helpful. We had a relatively small group which made the tour all the better.

Our guide Ben was an excellent guide, a good laugh and knew his facts giving a good insight into Washington's landmarks and history. The tour covered all the standard icons with a few we didn't even know existed. With our time in D.C covering only 4 days we weren't going to bother with a lot of the museums, but on the guides recommendation we decided to go anyway. He was right, they were great!

The Segway's themselves all appeared in a well maintained state, and while a little tricky at first we found they soon became second nature to operate.

All in all I couldn't commend this tour and its representatives enough, we had a great time and would gladly do it again.

If its cold, be sure to rug up + gloves, can be very chilly.

Thanks for the experience, I would highly recommend to anyone who's not afraid of something new. It was truly excellent :)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had never been on a Segway before but it was remarkably easy to ride, and none of the group I was with had any trouble getting going. The Segway tour provides a great way of covering a significant distant around the National Mall in a relaxing 3 hour tour (including watching the safety video that warns of just about every possible danger save being eaten by crocodiles in the tidal basin), Our guide was interesting and gave us the highlight factoids as we toured around, and there were enough stops to give us time to walk around some of the larger monuments such as that to FDR. All-in-all, a great way to spend a morning and something I would highly recommend as an original tourist option.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My two Sons and I took a recent D.C. National Mall Segway tour. We had an excellent tour and the Segways were a blast as always. This is my third time bringing family on the tour and the first time since you moved from your 9th Street location to the current one near the Foggy Bottom metro station.

Your guides, especially Grace who was our tour guide, are what make the tours fun and informative for me. Their professionalism, knowledge, and humor combine for a most enjoyable time! Anyone wanting an easy way to tour the mall that includes fun on Segways should take this tour!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We wanted a different look at the major sites, discovered City Segway, and had an excellent experience. Despite being new to the Segway, within a few minutes we were competent (sort of) and then felt like pros by the time we arrived at the White House. Our guide, Rory, was smart, patient, and energetic. The tour lasted approximately three hours, with stops and off-Segway walk-around time at the Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, Lincoln Memorial. Great fun and well worth the price.