“Fun, but pricey”

Washington DC Segway Tour
Ranked #4 of 142 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. Take a guided Segway, Bike, or Electric Bike Tour or rent a bike to see the sites at your own pace
Johns Creek, Georgia
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Fun, but pricey”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our guide was great - Mike knew his stuff. And we all liked the segways, especially my teens. But it did cost about $300 plus tip for our family of 4, for a little under 3 hours... a bit pricey. We also purchased a tour app of DC monuments for $3 and it was equally as good.

Visited May 2012
johncapcity, General Manager at City Segway Tours DC, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
MichelleC10,

Thanks for the review and for coming on tour with us. We have an unofficial goal in our office to make sure that not one person that comes through our tour regrets $1 that they spent. And I'm sorry to hear that we didn't live up to that expectation. We know that coming on vacation and putting your trust in a company that may not be the cheapest is a gamble. Its incredibly important to us that we make your time on tour worth it with a memorable ride on a Segway, fun and informative guides, as well as an overall great experience.

Reviews like this keep us honest and make sure that we are always striving towards that 100% customer satisfaction. So thank you so much for coming on tour and for your review.

Thanks again and have a great day!

John Voci
City Operations Manager
john@citysegwaytours.com

• Hebrew first
Washington, DC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So much fun, even for a native Washingtonian!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you want to really see a city, take a segway tour. My sister and I took the 3 hour tour on March 10, the first truly warm and sunny spring-ish day this year (we lucked out). As others noted, the actual tour was 2.5 hours long, due to the paperwork, orientation and practice around the plaza. Super easy to maneuver and "drive" a segway. Even though we are natives (as was everyone in our group, funnily enough), there is nothing like the fun of zipping along the Mall, from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial, passing all those walking! Louis was a great guide, full of historical tidbits. Even if you know a city, this is a unique and very fun way of getting around. If I could afford to buy one for regular sorties, I would!

Bronx, New York, United States
“I will look for City Segway Tours in other cities!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Did the 3-hour segway tour. It was our first time, and we were surprised by how easy it was to learn to use the Segway. It was so much fun. The tour was great. We hit all the highlights of the mall, and all the tour guides were very nice people. Definitely recommend this tour.

Silver Spring, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was a blast”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked the 3-hour D.C. monument and mall tour guided by Mike. I had always wanted to ride a segway. It was easy to learn, easy to maneuver, easy to ride and fun! Mike was great and fun to toodle around with. He told us little known and interesting facts that made it unlike most tours. We rode by many federal buildings and the usual White House, Capital, Reflecting pond and monuments. This is the way to tour D.C. especially if you want to get a idea of what you might want to see more of later. We had great weather and a fabulous time. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Katcin
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Best way to tour DC!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Two friends and I had a Living Social coupon for the Segway tour. We opted for the 2-hour tour, which turned out to be about an hour and a half because of the training and prep required before heading out. I was a little leery of getting on the Segway, but after about 3 minutes I felt completely in control. And then my inner child surfaced and for the entire trip I smiled and laughed and experienced a level of pure joy I've never had on any previous tour of the Mall. My only regret was that our tour had to end. Our leader was Grace, and she is an outstanding guide with a great sense of humor and real knowledge about the places we visited.

I now have recurring dreams of riding a Segway and intend to make them a reality with a return trip to City Segway Tours.