“Hilarious - highlight of our trip!”

City Segway Tours DC
Washington DC Segway Tour
Ranked #4 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. Take a guided Segway, Bike, or Electric Bike Tour or rent a bike to see the sites at your own pace
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hilarious - highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've always laughed at people riding around on Segways because lets face it, you do look pretty ridiculous! I have though always secretly wanted to get on one and give it a go.
So we booked a 2 hour Washington DC tour with City Segway Tours as our 1st Segway experience.
It was hilarious, they are so much fun, it takes a few minutes to get your balance and then you are off.
City Segway Tours were an excellent company to deal with and the guides were fun and informative.
And for a quick tour of DC they are actually a sensible way of getting around the monuments quickly.(We hate buses and walking around would have taken us all day)
Great experience, highly recommended

• Hebrew first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to see D.C. - You gotta do it!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a Living Social deal but we'd have been just as pleased at full price. My wife and I and about 5 or 6 other persons were hooked up with Grace and she was great. Very informative and a fun guide. Great bunch at City Segway.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“City Segway Tour of DC - great tour!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Took the 3-hour tour with a group of friends (women over 50!) We had a great time, they taylored the tour to what we needed. I would recommend this tour company and hope to segway with them again. (We used a Living Social coupon!)

Visited February 2013
1 Thank TravelTales50
Caracas, Venezuela
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!!!!! so much fun!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It was so easy to learn and start having fun! everyone would look at us! i will do this again for sure and i hope you do too! Our guide was super! he would slow down if we asked him to, take pictures, spend more time in places that we wanted to stay for a little longer ! this is simply a must do! it really exceded my expectations!

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Still loving the ride even it was damn cold!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am definitely a fan for the segway. I got a Groupon $69 for two persons during the winter season. Checked weather forecast, finally found a date that it was not too cold (I thought) and with some sun. That is where I made a slight mistake, it was cold even it was around 39 degree F. I was well dressed by my hands were frozen after half an hour riding on the segway. So, folks, make sure you wear very thick and warm gloves. Our guard Jason was great, he even let me used his inner layer gloves. OK, now that is out of the way. The segway is very easy to learn to ride. I failed my driving test 4 times in England and passed it first time in Canada (may be there is a lot to say wither the British driving test or the Canadian driving test, but that is another story. The segway had its own built in balancing mechanism. Once you step on it, the machine does its own work. If you lean forward, it will go forward, and if you lean backward, it will slow down, and you turn the handle to the direction you turn. Having said that, you could still fall if you pump it into a wall or clash with another one. There are 2 hours or 3 hours tours. Trust me, 2 hours are enough for cold weather, unless you go in the summer. It takes you to some of the highlight in the Mall, the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, the Washington Memorial, the White House, the Treasury.... etc. There will be toilet breaks and coffee breaks. For me, I have seen all the memorials -- every time there is a visitor in town, that is where I take them. I still enjoy it, just whirling by in the mall on this little thing is great. Make sure you don't clash it, as it cost $6000 for a new one. The company will ask for your credit card details upfront before you start your tour, so if there is any damage, it will charge you. None the less, I enjoyed it. It will be more fun when the weather is better.

Visited March 2013