“Best ways of sightseeing on D.C.”

City Segway Tours DC
Daytime DC Bike Tour
Ranked #4 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. Take a guided Segway, Bike, or Electric Bike Tour or rent a bike to see the sites at your own pace
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best ways of sightseeing on D.C.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We (my wife and I) usually book the tour as a city tour in the first day after our arrival because it works great as a city tour and helps you on knowing you whereabouts and key sites to visit later.

We had several Segway tours before this one but the tour in Washington was the best one because of our guide and how the city is. Lots of places are not very far from each other but they are not close enough for a simple walk tour. Small attractions, that usually are left aside on the bus tour, can be visited on Segway, especially because the Segway usually can go wherever a person can go walking and that includes gardens and monuments.

Another thing is that you can actually stop on the places you're seeing because there is no traffic the makes the bus keep moving around or the long time that takes when those big groups step on/off the bus.

The Segway is easy to ride and in our group, of 5 people, there was even an elderly citizen that easily learned how to ride it with no difficulties.

Our guide was brilliant and even helped us on places do eat and visit after the tour. I must say that he knew a lot about american history and actual politics, what is something important in visiting a city like Washington D.C.

In a nut shell, I would have no hesitation in recommending Segway trips to anyone.

• Hebrew first
Manchester
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A little expensive, but great fun and well worth doing. You do have to sign your life away with regards to accidents etc but they do train you up before they let you loose. It's a great way to see the Monuments.

Visited December 2012
“If you don't have a lot of time in DC, I highly recommend this tour!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was my first time riding Segway and it was very fun! I felt like a VIP guest when ppl were looking at us as we were crushing down the attraction places.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, great city”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The whole experience, from the welcome on arrival to the final departure was very well done. I'd never been on a Segway before, but within 5 minutes of training it was almost second nature. By the end of the 3 hour tour I felt like an expert!

I found the tour itself provided just enough information about the key sites to enable me to go back to where I wanted to later. The guide (Caitlin) was excellent. Our group of 5 was made of me and a friend and three Japanese people, two of which were elderly and didn't speak english. Caitlin was very patient and respectful of their needs. Although there was no reason to worry as they were soon wizzing around like the rest of us!

The whole day was capped off with great weather - beautiful blue skies and not too cold (although the gloves were essential). I would imagine it would be prety miserable had it been raining.

Anyway, I would have no hesitation in recommending Segway trips to anyone, they are easy to ride.

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to see a lot of DC”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

With family visiting from overseas and only two days in DC we wanted to hit the highlights and really see them thoroughly. We didn't want to do the hop-on-hop-off bus tour as a lot of time is wasted waiting for the next bus to show up. The Segway tour was perfect! Not only is it a really fun way to get around the city, but our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. We were able to park the Segways and given a little time to explore a few of the more popular spots. There were ages 16 through 44 with us and everyone had a good time on the Segways, you learn how to use them really quickly. It has made the trip just a little more memorable. We were glad we had a sunny day, although cold (December) as I believe they will still conduct the tour in the rain.