“Doesn't run year-round”

Book In Advance
More Info
$240.00*
and up
Private Customized Tour of Washington DC with US...
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I wanted to see this very badly but it only runs during the spring and summer months. I don't know exact months but was bummed to pay taxi fare to get there just to find out it wasn't happening :(

13  Thank Andrea O
in 10 reviews
"nation"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Who can resist pageantry, dedication, and discipline? The Marines deserve all our support and appreciation!

2  Thank mkg2805
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Anyone who is a Marine (past or present) MUST plan to see this. You need to get tickets in advance. And it is easy to get to via DC's transportation system.

10  Thank RobynMyers
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Full discloser ... I am a United Stated Marine (1974-1978). I have been to the Sunset Parade at least five times and I could go another 50 times. It is the most impressive military parade on the planet. I visit Washington DC on business a few times a year. I always try to get last minute tickets.
I would recommend getting your tickets in advance but there is a process to get last minute tickets. You have to wait in line but you have a decent chance of getting a ticket.

11  Thank Patrick O
See more reviews
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Although I lived in DC for more than six years, I only attended this ceremony when I was in town for a family member's graduation. I wish I had gone much sooner. The tribute to the men and women of the USMC is moving, and as an American it was hard to not get choked up. It is marked by the protocol characteristic of the military, complete with marches by none other than John Philip Sousa. Next time I am back in DC, I hope to return and witness this again.
Located directly on Barracks' Row in the Eastern Market section of SE DC (Eastern Market stop on the blue and orange lines), it is very safe to walk around.

5  Thank GlobalDenizen8084