“National memorial tour”

and up
Half-day Washington DC Sightseeing Tour by Coach
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: This memorial to Korean War veterans consists of the Pool of Remembrance and the triangular Field of Service depicting 19 soldiers on the field of combat.
Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“National memorial tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited this memorial the day after my grandfather's internment at the Quantico National Cemetery. It was very moving, as he was a Korean war veteran. We are coming back and will be sure to visit this again.

Visited November 2013

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“HAUNTING”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

With my time in Washington limited, this memorial was not on the top of my list to visit. But this memorial moved me more than any other I had seen. When I saw the figures in the grass, it was very eerie and I felt I was there with them in the fields. The faces on the wall were haunting. It made a great impression on me and I will not forget it.

Telford, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Powerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is well worth a look, not the most known. I was here in an early September morning. I found it very moving and powerful. You just find yourself transfixed. As a Brit, I have to say my knowledge of this war is shamefully not great. This memorial inspired me to look into the history of this war. Which can only be a good thing.

Visited September 2013
NYC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Moving memorial”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This little known war was horrific as all wars are. This particular memorial vividly portrays the soldiers tromping through the fields. Although none are wounded or dying, the feeling of misery and despair is evident.

South Berwick, Maine
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“you should go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Korean War Memorial is very touching with the ghost-like statues. The reflection on the wall makes you feel as if an entire troop is marching. Worth the visit.