“One of the best museums in DC”

National Portrait Gallery
Book In Advance
$60.00*
DC Tour with Wine on a Rickshaw
$108.99*
Washington DC Wine-Tasting Tour by Pedicab
$73.75*
and up
Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley and Monuments by Moonlight...
Ranked #17 of 458 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Visitors can view the portraits of all the U.S. presidents.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I could easily spend hours going through this museum - and the American Art Museum connected by a covered atrium. Both have very interesting exhibits. Enjoying lunch in the atrium is so relaxing.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,600)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

When planning our trip, I checked all the exhibits around town and saw the National Portrait Gallery had 3 exhibits I wanted to see: The 'Build a Better Mousetrap', 'Matthew Brady Union Generals', and 'MLK' photos. All 3 were very interesting and well worth the visit. Wife and I spent all afternoon at this museum. We've been to DC many times but were never really drawn to this museum until now. Also worth seeing are the presidential portraits. I'm not sure I'd visit again unless there were additional special exhibits, but this was a good time to go and am glad we went.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very well done Gallery ... from the dates when you got the portraits of our founding fathers generation to the more current portraits of celebrities and sports stars that have influenced over the years. Along with the pictures you get a bit of background ... very very interesting. .. and it is open until 7

Reviewed September 15, 2013

A must see for anyone visiting
Washington DC. I have been to DC many times over the years and somehow missed this wonderful art gallery. NOT to be missed.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I visited the museum with my grandchildren and viewed the artwork very differently from previous visits My granddaughter is very interested in art and was drawn to the portraits that were unique and colorful. The museum not only highlights famous artists but also includes many emerging artists and young people

1  Thank bjf380