“Portraits and more”

National Portrait Gallery
Book In Advance
$73.75*
and up
Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley and Monuments by Moonlight...
$108.99*
Washington DC Wine-Tasting Tour by Pedicab
$60.00*
DC Tour with Wine on a Rickshaw
Ranked #16 of 444 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Visitors can view the portraits of all the U.S. presidents.
Albany, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Portraits and more”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The first I visited this museum, I spend several hours just in the one wing viewing the early portraits. Returned again to view the Presidents portraits again. Changing exhibits keeps the museum interesting a good place to visit for a few hours at the end of a day of sightseeing since it is open until 7pm most nights.

Visited October 2011

106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“My favorite DC Museum”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I'm a local, and this is my favorite DC museum. It's massive and has something for everyone- from Presidential portraits, to interesting new exhibits all the time (recently they had a Normal Rockwell exhibit), to great portraits of everyday Americans. It is more geared towards adults than kids, I don't recommend it for any kids under ten.

They also have a beautiful courtyard with a covered ceiling which is a fun place to sit for awhile, and they often have free concerts there.

Visited August 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“My favorite Smithsonian Museum”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We enjoyed te intimacy of the smaller museum and smaller crowds. We also appreciated viewing many pieces of art that we have seen over the years from various media outlets. We enjoyed the hall of presidents. Itis located off the main mall over in the Penn Quarter/Chinatown neighborhood.

Visited May 2011
Cass Lake, MN
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“I loved it!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

It was really interesting. Protraits of all the presidents and their familes.

Visited November 2010
America
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Had a GREAT time and I'm not even an 'art' fan”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I'm not really into art all that much so I went to the Portrait Gallery almost as a joke.
I'm happy to report that I had a GREAT time. I stayed MUCH longer then I had ever dreamed of staying. (I stayed for hours) It was very informative and even I have to admit the potraits were kinda cool. I would happily go again. A must do for anybody.

Visited May 2011